Thursday, February 26, 2009

The little things in life....

Hello,
So glad you could stop by today.. Here is a card I made for today's SCS Ways to Use It Challenge. We were to create using a frugal find. Something inexpensive or something recycled in our design. I found this dragonfly (which was a necklace) in my DD's things she left here and so, I decided to use that. I hope she doesn't recognize it...lol.. Anyway, here's what I did...
Base card is Whisper White.
Next is Tempting Turquoise.
Next is a very bright Fuchsia Pink Glitter Paper.
Next is Whisper White, again.
And the top layer is Tempting Turquoise that I ran through the crimper.
The flowers are punched with The Paper Studio 2" and 1 3/8" Flower punches in Fuchsia Pink and Light Blue Glitter Paper.
The corners are punched with the SU Corner Punch with the Fuschia Pink Glitter Paper.
The sentiment is also something I found in my DD's stash. Its from a set called Susan Branch Girlfriends. I stamped this in Basic Black on Whisper White, cut it out and then sponged around the edges with Tempting Turquoise and Pink Passion. Added some mulberry paper and then popped it up on pop dots over my ribbon.
Took the dragonfly off of the necklace and attached to the stick pin.
Added the pearls...
Hope you like it...
Thanks for looking.
Have a wonderful evening.
Fern
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...