Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Find Joy In the Little Things...

Hi there,
This is the card I made for one of today's Color Combination Challenges. We have two for today... I only got around to do this one, so maybe I will use the other one with tomorrow's Card Sketch Challenge.. Anyway, I also wanted to do yesterday's challenge over, since I didn't do it correctly. So this is also for the Try a New Technique Challenge which was to make a Recessed Window on our card. I think I got it right this time... Here's what I did.
My base is Tempting Turquoise. I cut my recessed window in this layer.
Next is a layer of Tempting Turquoise DSP, and I cut the window out and then used it on the bottom of the recessed window.
Then I cut the squares out of Lovely Lilac and Gable Green with the nestabilities and layered them. Added appliques on these little squares.
In the recessed window I cut Doodlebug Bubblegum DP and Gable Green CS with the nestabilities and then added another applique.
Stamped my sentiment with Basic Black on Gable Green and then cut with nestabilities. Added faux pearl for the "O" in joy. Added ribbon..
I was a little afraid of the colors for today's challenge, I really thought I would have to make an Easter Egg card....lol.. But it actually turned out really cute, I think... tfl...
Have a great evening.
Fern
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...