Monday, February 16, 2009

Round Top Box


Hello everyone..
Here is the Round Top Box we were to make for SCS Try a New Technique Challenge. This was super easy and I would have gotten it done sooner if I wasn't babysitting... My DDIL wanted to go shopping for some new clothes and I volunteered to babysit since I didn't have to work today. We had a lot of fun.. and now everyone has gone home, so I finished my project. Here is what I used.
The box pattern was printed on a piece of K&Company double sided DP. I cut it out and put it together. Next I cut a piece of the same dp out with the nestabilities and added it to the rounded top area. I used the MS lace border punch with the same paper. I am just reversing the dp, so that when I layer it, it shows the other side.
I stamped the butterflies from The Paper Studio Clear Stamps onto the dp with Sage Shadow and cut them out. Sponged around the edges with Sage Shadow and added the half pearls. Added the silk flower.
Stamped the sentiment from On Your Birthday with Basic Black onto the dp, punched out with the SU oval punch. Layered with other side dp. Then layered over leaves from MS Leaf Punch. Added the decorative brads.
These are really cute and real easy to make, and would be a great idea for the little kiddos at school holidays. Just use the theme for that holiday and add candy, easter eggs, or whatever you like and there you have it... I will have to share this with my DDIL and DD..
Thanks so much for stopping in.
Have a great evening.
Fern
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...