Saturday, February 7, 2009

Crimped Envelope - Wedding Card - Brilliant Blue


Hello again...
I have been working on this "Envelope Pocket Card" for two days now, and I really need some feedback on it. A lady I work with ask me to make a card for her son who is getting married next month. The color is Brilliant Blue. The girl he is marrying is not into traditional flowers, such as roses, more into wildflowers. I would really love to know what you think... Good or Bad... just give it to me.. I can take it... I hate to take it to her and it be way off base for a wedding card...
Here's how I made it.
Used the Crimped Envelope Pocket Card tutorial on Split Coast Stampers..
I used the White Jumbo Envelope 5 3/4" x 8 3/4".
Sponged around the edges with Brilliant Blue and then stamped in the background the flowers from Petal Prints. Ran the bottom part of the envelope through the crimper.
Stamped the flowers from 2-Step Petal Prints in Ballet Blue and then the outline in Brilliant Blue. Cut these out. Stamped the leaves from Flower Fancy on Kiwi Kiss with Old Olive Ink and cut these out. 2 of the flowers are on pop dots and the others are attached to the envelope card. Added a little stickles to the flowers.
The sentiment is from All Year Cheer III and is stamped with VersaMark on Whisper White. Embossed in Black, added the blue jewels. Cut with Nestabilities. Sponged around the edges with Brilliant Blue. Layered on Brilliant Blue, cut with nestabilities and then used the White Gel Pen to add white dots. This is also up on pop dots. Added the Big half pearls to the center of the flowers and the med. half pearls in the bottom right hand corner. All of the pearls are from SU Pretties.
For the top of the envelope pocket card. I sponged the edges with Brilliant Blue, added the blue ribbon, and bow. Used small half pearls on the ribbon. The stick pin with pearls and clear beads are from SU Pretties, too. I added the little white flower and some stickles on it.
I haven't finished the insert yet. I will give her a few poems or quotes, or, she can provide me with what she wants on it.....
What do you think???
Thanks for stopping by...
Have a great weekend!!
Fern
Pin It!

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

I love your card, Fern...the colors are gorgeous and I love the pearls!!! I think your friend will love it, too!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...