Sunday, September 5, 2010

Charming, Adorable and ever so sweet!!! SOUS Sketch ~~ Yea - I made the Top 3 over at The Sisterhood!! WOOOOHOOOO this layout was published in Scrap n' Art Magazine- Winter 2010-2011!!!!

Hi everyone!!  I am so happy I had some time to play with the fantastic sketch over at Stuck On U Sketches...
















Here's their sketch and it's a beauty so be sure to check it out and play along, remember you have 2 weeks!!!



  
I used the paper from the September's Swirlydoos kit... I just love this kit!!! 
The photos are of little GD Savannah taken April, 2006 when she was 8 months old...  She was/is such a sweetie!!!!

Here's a close up of the flower cluster.  I used a Prima Flutter Vine and Swirlydoos Classic Miniature Paper Roses-Red. 

Here is a close up of the Prima Say It In Crystal Bling and The Paper Studio La Petites 3D Butterfly...

And here is one of the lace frames I made...  I added the letters but the glitter frame was already on the paper...

I cut this out of one of the sheets of pp and popped it up.. You can't really tell but it is framed with red glitter!!  The flower is from Prima..
This layout also qualifies for a few other challenges, which are:
Anything Goes Challenge ~ Say It With Flowers
A Pocket Full of Posies ~ Floral Fantasy
Crafty Emmas ~ Floral Frenzy
Fun at Fairy Knoll ~ Vintage Glam
Dutch Dare Card Challenge ~ Vintage Summer
Crafts and Me Challenge ~ Gems and Sparkle
The Sisterhood of Crafters ~ Anything but a card
Here is a list of scrappy things I used:
My Minds Eye ~ Lost & Found-Union Square "Moments" Charming Paper
My Mind's Eye ~ Lost & Found-Union Square "Beautiful Day" Journey Paper
My Mind's Eye ~ Lost & Found-Union Square "Beautiful Day" Paris Paper
Wrights Lace Ribbon
Prima Flutter Vine
Swirlydoos Classic Miniature Paper Roses - Red
Prima Water Color - Flower
Prima Say It In Crystals
The Paper Studio La Petites 3D Butterfly
EK Success - Sticko Letters
QuicKutz Flourish
Thanks so much for dropping by and
come back any time!!
Hugs!!
Pin It!

21 comments:

flowerdisco said...

Fern, how are you. i have been busy and hardly any tine to visit.
Your princess was born a princess. and the layout it is just suitable for a princess. love everything about it.
great job on the frames, adorable, another hidden talent, uh?
lol

How do you store you layouts? I can not think of them in albums...no-no-no. :)

hope your parents are doing well.

TeenaBugg38 said...

Ok. gonna try this again....I got so excited typing that I closed out....geeze.....lol. This is absolutely stunning!!! All of that prima....wowowowowowow! And the butterfly....heck I love it all!!!

shari said...

What a beautiful layout! I especially love how you did the lace frames. Shari (cricutrookie)

Brenda said...

I just ran into the Lost and Found paper and thought it was just lovely. So is your page, Fern!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Fern, this page is fabulous! Love those rich colors and your swirl and flowers are just perfect. The lace frame is beautiful too.

Unknown said...

oh what a lovely page, and love love love the MME product, its too gorgeous isnt it? Just got a delivery of them in - yum!. Love the lace frames, very pretty. It all works in together beautifully.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

This is stunning! I love the red & Savhanna is just adorable!!! Staci

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Fern!
Its such a pretty page (your are the QUEEN of PRETTY!)
I love the lace against the red of the roses! Very pretty!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, finally got this page to load! Anyway, this is too funny .. I have a layout with the same name up on my blog but it is my mom .. not your cute Savannah! Love how you edged the photo with lace. I love the papers this month but need to find some more embellies to work with. Great job as always. Hope you're having a great day!

Debbie said...

Fern this is so beautiful! Love the colors and those adorable pictures are just priceless! Love the framing with the lace. All in all one beautiful layout!

Unknown said...

Fern, I know you get tired of hearing me say "stunning!!!!!" but I truly can't find other words to describe your work. I love all the red, your bling, and the butterfly! Those photos are so darling, no precious is a better word. And my how quickly time passes!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

annette said...

Fern this is absolutely beautiful ... love all of it ... what a cutie Savanah is !!!! x:)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Oh Fern, this is absolutely amazing! Love the photo and all the red and white.
Hugs
Tanya

Crystal said...

Fern I love the new look on your blog, VERY you! I love this page so super sweet and I love red so this is of course a winner in my book.

DONT worry about the kit, when you get it out you get it out NO worries! HUGS!

Nanne said...

Oh my gosh..that is so super cute.. I love your choice of papers and colors.. another wonderful layout ..
hugs
Nanné

Angi Barrs said...

Savannah is so adorable:) Your layout is beautiful. Love the flowers and the butterfly.

Julie said...

Wow - this is stunning!! Gorgeous pics first of all and the flowers are just divine! Thanks for joining in our challenge at CES this week! Juliexx

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

This is stunning! such a beautiful LO! Thank you for playing with us over at PFOP and good luck! X

Brandi said...

This is so gorgeous!!! Love the colors and the wonderful photos! Absolutely stunning layout. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Knoll. :)

Nanne said...

First of all, she is just darling.. and the layout is gorgeous. Love,love,love the colors..You certainly have a way of putting together the perfect colors to make the layout go WOW!!!
and love those lace frames, super clever...
Hugs
Nanné

Teresa said...

A beautiful layout just perfect to keep and look back on.
Thank you for joining crafts and me this week
Teresa x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...