Friday, January 16, 2009

"SMOOCH" Valentine's Day Card


Hi!!
Here is another card I made for today's SCS Limited Supplies Challenge.. Non-Cheesy Valentines.... (Actually, this maybe just a little teeny bit cheesy...) But it's still cute... Anyway I think it is... We were limited to colors - Red, White, Black, Kraft, and Pinks. Limited to embellishments, Limited in layers, Limited on hand cutting, and was to be just a card front... So this is way I did....
The "LIPS" are from a cookie cutter I found at the grocery store today. I knew just what I was going to do with them when I saw them.. I am going to make a card, and then I can make some cookies to match... What a cute idea for a Valentine's gift.. Anyway, this is what I did.
I used Basic Black, Red Hearts DP, Basic Black, and cut with nestabilities. Traced the lips onto the back of the Red Glitter DP and cut them out. Layered on the Basic Black. Sentiment is from A Happy Heart and I stamped on the Red Hearts DP with VersaMark and then embossed in Black. Wasn't for sure if it would catch on fire, melt, or what, but, as you can see, it did just fine. Punched with the SU Oval Punch, and then added the Basic Black and Red Hearts DP layer. These are popped up on pop dots. Added the little red jewel hearts to the other 3 corners. And the "smooch" are chipboard glitter letters.....
Have a wonderful weekend, stay warm, and thanks so much for looking...
Fern
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...