Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rose with Alcohol Ink Background


Hello there.. Here is the card I made for today's SCS Ways to Use It Challenge. We were to use alcohol craft products on our card this week. I chose to use Adirondack Alcohol Inks for my background. So, this is what I did.
The base card is Real Red.
Next is a layer of Doodlebug Crushed Velvet
The top layer is Glossy White - which I used Adirondack Red Pepper and Adirondack Copper Alcohol Inks with the ?Alcohol Ink Applicator Felt. After I blotted this around on the Glossy White CS, I used the Alcohol Blending Solution to blend it all together, until I liked what I saw. This dries supper fast, so you don't have to wait to start decorating it the way you want to. I stamped the sentiment from Inkadinkado with VersaMark directly on the Glossy White CS and then embossed with Black EP. Next I stamped the rose, also from Inkadinkado, with VersaMark and then embossed with Green EP. Stamped the rose image again on a piece of white glossy paper, with VersaMark and embossed it with Red EP, cut the flower bud out and attached over the embossed bud on the card front.
The corners are punch from the CB Vintage Die Set and is out of the Doodlebug Crushed Velvet DP. Punched the little hearts out with a punch. Added the ribbon and also added some red stickles to the rosebud. Doodled around the edges... I really like the way this turned out, but it took me 3 whole sheets of Glossy Card Stock to finally get the one I liked... This is a technique that takes a little practice. Hope you like it...
Thanks so much for stopping in,
Have a great evening..
Fern
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...