Monday, January 5, 2009

Cake Nouveau - Birthday Card


It's good to make a card... We have been out of town helping our DD and DSIL remodel a gym they are opening the end of this month. Complete remodel and a lot of tearing out. I am sooo sore I couldn't hardly get out of bed this morning. And my DH is not much better, he just doesn't complain like I do.lol Anyway I had some catching up to do yesterday, so I started with my favorite challenge. The Inspiration Challenge was to get inspired with the Cake Nouveau website. They have absolutely gorgeous cakes. Very hard to decide, but the one I chose was "Antiquity" shown on page 5, row 3, 3rd one over - http://www.cakenouveau.com/caies5.html So this is what I did:
Base Card is Chocolate Chip,
Next is a layer of Summer Sun,
Next is a layer of artsy.licious Fine Engraved - Chocolate
Nestability layers are Barely Banana and Summer Sun
Sentiment is from On Your Birthday, stamped in Chocolate Chip
Leaves are from Brocade Basics and stamped with and on Green Galore
Added a few flourishes from QuicKutz Flourish Die in Green Galore
Added Prima Flowers, Brads and Ribbon.
Thanks so much for looking.
Fern
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...