Sunday, January 25, 2009

Birthday Card using the Shaving Cream Technique.

Here is the card I made for Friday's SCS Limited Supplies Challenge. I am just now getting it uploaded. The challenge was - the card base must be black so that you have a very bold, black expanse. I think I can do that. And this is what I came up with..
Base Card is Basic Black CS. Stamped with Paisley BG with VersaMark and embossed in Black. The top layer is Whisper White and is called the Shaving Cream Technique. I used Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel and Lovely Lilac re-inkers and dropped them around randomly, and then took a toothpick and just sort of drew swirls until I liked with I saw. Then you take you paper and smoosh it on top of the shaving cream pull it up and wipe it off.
This is layered on Lovely Lilac, and both are cut with the nestabilities. Stamped Happy Birthday with VersaMark and embossed in Black. The corners are punch with the SU Corner Punch and is Doodlebug Swimming Pool Serenade DP. The leaves are punch with the MS Leaf Punch out of Old Olive, added the paper flowers, ribbon and jewels.
Thanks so much for looking.
Have a great weekend,
Fern
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...