Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bass Fishing Birthday Card


Hi, this is the card I made for today's Card Sketch Challenge. What a wonderful sketch for a "Guy" Card, and I have a lot of guys to make Birthday Cards for. So here is what I did.
Base Card is Chocolate Chip.
Next is a layer of Daisy D's DP, stamped with Cheesecloth BG in River Rock.
Next layer is SugarTree - Steve's Pages (Bass Fishing), layered over Chocolate Chip.
The strip is River Rock, that I stamped the fishing rod only, from Fishin' with VersaMark and then embossed in black. Took some SU Markers and colored the rod and reel. Then I sponged around the edges and then layered on Chocolate Chip. I doodled around the edges, also.
I took a piece of black cord and used as my line, and I found a fishing fly sticker and added to the end of my line.
The Sentiment is from On Your Birthday and is stamped in Chocolate Chip on Daisy D's DP, punched out with the SU Oval Punch and then hand cut a larger oval out of Chocolate Chip. This is popped up on pop dots.
I really think this paper is awesome for any diehard fisherman, and lord knows I have a few of those in my family....
Thanks so much for looking and have a wonderful evening.
Fern
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...