Sunday, April 25, 2010

(Levi's) Family ~ 2009 ~ The Pink Elephant Challenge No. 4 ~ Top 3 Winner over at Prairy Fairy Friday!!

Hello everyone!!!!!  IIIIIIII'm baaaaaaaack!!  My SIL and her husband left today, :o( but, we had a wonderful time while they were here.....  Yesterday the kids and grand kids came over for a final get together and it was a picture perfect day...  The weather was just gorgeous!!!  I already miss them, but, we will see them again sometime this summer when we go back for a visit...
Okay on with my layout before I need a tissue.  This is a photo my DIL gave me yesterday and ask me to scrap it for her.  This was taken around Thanksgiving last year probably at her parents.  I also did this for the challenge over at The Pink Elephant, which is to use Chipboard and Paint on your layout...  I had this beautiful Scroll Chipboard piece that I just received in my May Swirlydoos Kit and decided to work round that, and the photo that my DIL Angela, gave me yesterday.  (My son should have taken off that silly cap, so that we could see all of his face!!! oh well!!)  So this is what I came up with... Hope you like it.
It also qualifies for a few challenges which are :
The Pink Elephant ~ Chipboard and Paint
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge ~ Open-Anything Goes
Prairie Fairy Fridays ~ Distressing
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge ~ Distressing
Here's my scrappy list in things I used:
SU Basic Black CS
SU Bravo Burgundy CS
Heidi Swapp ~ World Traveler - Dots ~ Swirlydoos Kit
Prima Handmade paper ~ Natural Obsessions ~ under the photo
Colorbok ~ Transparency Frames
Prima ~ Voila - Felt Ribbon
Prima ~ Glitter Spray - Black Ivy ~ Swirlydoos Kit
Prima ~ Cherry Blossom Branch
Prima ~ Eclatte Flowers
Dusty Attic Decorative Scroll Chipboard ~ (Swirlydoos Kit) which I painted with
Ranger Distress Crackle Paint ~ Antique Linen  and then with
Tim Holtz ~ Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and then sprayed with
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist ~ Pearl
Tuxedo Black ~ Momento Ink ~ (top layer of the scroll)
Creative Imaginations ~ Marah Johnson - Crimson Brads ~ Swirlydoos Kit
Prima Say it in Studs
Ribbon
Thanks so much for dropping by!
Have a wonderful week!!
I luv your visits, so please come back anytime!!!
Hugs :o)
Pin It!

19 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Fern, your amazing!!! How did you get a layout done so quickly and your family just left!!! And, my god it's beautiful!!!

P.S. Guys and their "silly" caps -- my hubby AND my son!!! LOL!!!

Darien said...

WOW! Fern This is Gorgeous!!! I love all the details!! I love the pps too!! Stunning!!!

Welcome! said...

Wowee this layout is fabulous! Love all those flower and that flourish chipboard! Thanks for playing along in this weeks scrap challenge at The Pink Elephant!

TeenaBugg38 said...

So glad you enjoyed the time with your family this weekend! Wish i could say the same......lol. Gorgoeus page...so much goin on and you got it done THAT fast?????? My goodness that would be a weeklong project for me! Glad to have you back!!

Debbie said...

Glad you enjoyed your company! This layout is stunning. I love the chipboard scroll down the side. I need to look for that. Your arrangement of the flowers is so perfect and love the distressing. All of it so compliments the beautiful family photo.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

flowerdisco said...

fern...glad you had a great time with them.

the frame is beautiful...i do not know if that is the transparency and the white border on the right side is awesome. nice family there too. tfs so much talent.

hugs!

Tammy E. said...

Beautiful!!!!

Barb Craft said...

Welcome back Fern!! Glad to hear you had a great time with your family!! This LO is gorgeous!!! Love all the yummy embellies you used on it!!
Barb :)

Jess said...

Great LO! Gorgeous details and a precious picture even if the cap is in the way!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Welcome back, Fern! Glad you enjoyed your family! However did you get this one done s fast! Love the chipboard and flower arrangement. Thanks for coming by my blog today! Hugs!

Queen La Rubba said...

GORGEOUS! fern this is so lovely! I love all of the detail! Thisis so super fun! All of the detail is just incredible!!
Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Prairie Fairy Fun Friday‘s" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your SUPER FABULOUS crafty works in the future!
I invite you to hop on over and celebrate my DT positions with me by entering in my candy giveaway!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Unknown said...

WOWZERS! Holy smokes this is gorgeous!

Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

xoxoxox

irinka said...

WOW lo (as always)

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Fern...this is spectacular!!!! I am always blown away with all the details you add to your pages....FABULOUS, gf!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing Fern!!!! love those papers!!! stunning work!! beautiful family photo!!

Nerrida said...

Congratualtions Fern - its always such a buzz when you get picked for a DT! I LOVE you pages being a romantic-style scrapper myself - wonderful work!

Cor* said...

Holy smokes. I wish my scrapbooking pages looked as great as this!! Simply marvelous! Thanks for joining in at FFF this week!

Trudi said...

Absolutely beautiful Fern, love that cut border and the flowers and swirls :) Thanks for joining our scrap challenge this week at TPE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...