Saturday, April 3, 2010

Amanda ~ One Competitive Little Girl ~ Stuck On U Sketches

Hello everyone!!  It's a gorgeous day here in south/central Texas, the temperature is 85 degrees!!  It looks like we may just skip over spring again, and go right into summer!  That's okay with me, I like warmer/hotter weather better than  cold weather!!
Here is a layout I did for the sketch challenge over at  Stuck On U Sketches.  This week the sketch is by Jolene Pienaar. And what a beautiful sketch it is!!!!

The photos are of my daughter when she was 6 years old and we lived in New Mexico. That would have been 22 years ago!!  (Wow, now I'm really feeling depressed..  That's my baby!!)  She was so happy in this photo because her team had just won a little baton twirling competition...  Can you believe I still have this little outfit.....  Anyway, after that, I enrolled her in gymnastics and wow, did she do good.  She was competing in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Las Cruses, Carlsbad...  and had just moved up from Level 5 to Level 6 and she was only 7 years old when we moved here to Texas..   She has quite the collection of trophies and ribbons!!! And it all started right here when she was 6 years old.
This layout also qualifies for a few challenges, which are:
The Craft Garden ~ Pastel Colors
Here is a  list of scrappy things I used on this layout:
SU Sage Shadow CS and Ink
Webster's Pages ~ Life's Portrait ~ Pure Grace
My Minds Eye DP Pack ` The top 2 layers that are punched with
MS Deco Fan Border and Corner Punch
K&Company Embossed Stickers ~ BW Brianna Florals
K&Company Embossed Stickers ~ Ashford Borders and Corners
Tim Coffey Embossed Stickers ~ Traditional Butterflies
Prima ~ Say It In Crystals
Prima Painterly Petals Hydrangeas
Creative Imaginations ~ David Walker Letter Stickers
Rhinestones
Ribbon
Thanks so much for dropping by!!
Have a wonderful weekend/Easter!!
Drop back by anytime ~ I luv your visits!!!
Hugs  :o)
Pin It!

13 comments:

shari said...

Your layout is so pretty. I love all the pearls, flowers and lace. Isn't it fun, doing a layout when they were little, it brings back so many great memories for me. Shari (cricutrookie)

marysanders123 said...

Again, a masterpiece worthy to be framed Fern! Everything is just so beautiful.

TeenaBugg38 said...

Awwww how sweet!!! I love all the swirly dos on this one! How fun it is to go way back and scrap the older photos...the memories always come back like a flood.....great job! YOu sure are busy tody!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fern, this is just enchanting! Love the colors and the swirls and that fab ribbon at the bottom. Seems to me that talent just runs in the family. Okay, gotta get back to my last minute projects for tomorrow. Have a blessed day!

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Fern, this is just too beautiful!!! How do you manage to get these done so fast with all the embies and detail you put into them?

You're amazing!!!

Ladybug said...

Hi Fern. I tripped over your name on someone else's blog and decided to check yours out. So glad I did. It's wonderful! Became a follower lickety-split! :-)

p.s. You and I have been married the same amount of years! :-)

And....your LO is simply gorgeous! TFS!

Linda
http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/

Nanne said...

Its 8am here and I just sat down on my computer with my morning cup of coffee and behold I come across this beautiful creation of yours.. Oh, this just about made my day..I need a good kick of inspiration in the back side and this sure did it for me :O)
and like Sandi said "Talent sure does run the family!"..
hugs
Nanné

Unknown said...

I was a baton twirler all through school. Just wait until you no longer have any room for the trophies and ribbons. =) Great layout!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful lo and it sure brings back memories on this end too. My daughter was in baton for several years. Trophies and ribbons and the outfit, yep, still have all of them too.
Your colors are fantastic and she must have got the talent from you.
bevb

flowerdisco said...

Fern...they say "It's in the details" you sure know that. I love all the details in your work. Now, I wonder...Is that a pleated ribbon, the white one with the blue gems? It's gorgeous! well, the whole LO is... but that really caught my eye.

Anonymous said...

Hey Fern!
Happy Easter! We are home from visiting with the family and the kids are all having breakdowns..not so fun now but we had a nice day of hanging out and eating! ;o)
Great page and wonderful story to go with it!
I like the touch of blue you added with the embellishments to match her outfit! too cute! and love that flourish "spray" as well!

Christy said...

I love everything about this layout. The pearl swirlies, the lace...everything!!!

Anonymous said...

What a precious lo Fern!! love the soft colors and pretty details!! great page!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...