Saturday, December 27, 2008

MacKenzie-Childs Thank You Card


I hope everyone had a verry Merry Christmas, I know we did. It was so nice to spend time with family and friends. And the little ones are soo cute to watch opening their gifts.
Here is a card I made for today's Inspiration Challenge. We were to get inspired with pieces from MacKenzie-Childs website. They have so many gorgeous pieces, and it was just a teeny bit hard to decide what to go with, but I finally decided on the Red Harlequin Wing Back Chair, seen in this picture.... I need some Thank You cards and I thought this would be an awesome background for a Thank You card. Here is what I did.
The Base card is Creamy Caramel.
Next is a layer of Doodlebug Crushed Velvet DP.
The top of the next layer is 7 gypsies Savannah Flocked Harlequin DP.
The bottom is 7 gypsies Savannah Flocked Stripe DP.
Added ribbon where the two layers meet.
Added Making Memories Antique Copper Brads on both ends of the ribbon.
Punched the corners out of Doodlebug Crushed Velvet with CB Vintage Corner Dies and attached to the corners of the card. Added 2 black brads in each corner.
Stamped the sentiment from Thank You Kindly with VersaMark on Creamy Caramel and then embossed in Burgandy EP.
Cut with nestibilities and sponged Bravo Burgandy around the edges.
Layered on Doodlebug Crushed Velvet cut with scallop nestibilities.
The bird is actually from 7 gypsies Savannah Flocked Bird DP which I cut out and then layered on a piece of Doodlebug Crushed Velvet DP and then cut out again. This is popped up on pop dots.
Thanks for taking a peek at my blog...
Fern
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...