Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter, 2010-- Colten ~ Sketches In Thyme --Top 3 over at Lasting Memories

Good morning everyone!!!  It's Thursday and time for another awesome sketch challenge over at Sketches In Thyme..  I'm sad to say that this will be my last post as a Design Team Member here at Sketches In Thyme...   I have been on this wonderful team since inception and I have thoroughly enjoyed it, but I feel like it's time to step down and make way for some new faces and fresh talent.  But don't worry, I'll be back, but this time as a stalker instead!!!  LOL... 
 Okay on with the challenge!!!  Our sketch this week is from My Crop Room and here it is..


And, is it just me, or have the last 2 sketches for Team A seemed hard for you too?!! I guess that's why it's a challenge!! Right...   Anyway this one turned out to be a piece of cake...  And I will be using this one more for those pages where you have memorabilia, like programs, vacation pamphlets, napkins and so forth and so on!  Because if you look at this sketch it looks like a big envelope, doesn't it?!  And I think it would be fun to make an envelope out of it to hold all of those precious items you want to keep...   I should have thought of this earlier...  But I will be back with another layout using this sketch for sure!!!
Anyway here are a few close ups of my layout of sweet little GS Colten on his first real Easter Egg Hunt...  He was 17 months old last Easter and was having a blast..  Notice the little boo-boo on his forehead..  I think he has a permanent knot there where he has hit it so many times... Poor baby!!!

Okay here you can see a close up of this beautiful BoBunny Gabrielle Paper and Die cut... The little chipboard is from Basic Grey and you can see some of my many buttons....


Here I used the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Pendants - Fair Isle for the frames around the smaller photos!!  I sponged the frame with some Tim Holtz Distressing Ink..


Here's the other frame..


Here is a chipboard journaling block from Basic Grey and the flourish is from BoBunny Cardstock Stickers-Grow Love..

Here are a few other challenges this layout will qualify for...
Colour Create Challenge ~ Pink, Blue and Brown
The Paper Variety ~ Use a Number on your Project
Top Tip Tuesday ~ Open Challenge

Here is a list of scrappy things I used on this layout...
Bazzill Cardstock
BoBunny - Gabrielle Collection
Basic Grey - Olivia Collection
SU Sage Shadow Cardstock
Basic Grey Chipboard
BoBunny Cardstock Stickers
Tim Holtz Distressing Ink
QuicKutz ~ Expresso Alphabet
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Pendants - Fair Isle

Please check out the other creations from the Design Team using this wonderful sketch... We would love for you to play along..  I think we have a great prize... Maybe because I'm giving it away...LOL

 BUT the only way you can win is to play and the more challenges you do a month the more chances you have at winning... 

And here is a sneak peek of tomorrow's post... you won't want to miss this....

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs!!! 
Pin It!

19 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Seriously... could your grandson be any cuter?! It looks like the egg hunt was a success!! I agree, this sketch looks hard but you did a beautiful job with it! I LOVE the papers and the frames and that darling little bird... all if it is gorgeous!! Hope you weather is better than ours right now... we seem to have a lot of rain in the forcast... boo!! Oh well, I guess I will stay inside and scrap then!! lol!!

barb :)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Oh this is really gorgeous. Love the buttons.
Hugs
Tanya

Karen Wilson said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous and love the buttons. What a cutie pie! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Dawnll said...

Fern- this is one of the cutest pictures of Colton.
I love how you used the sketch and love the details.
I will be stalking just like you-lol
blessings Dawn ll

~jan said...

What a beautiful layout! I love how perfectly the buttons "fit" in the pattern of that pretty paper! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Variety!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh fern this is so dramatic, I love all the buttons!

Carolina said...

Love the buttons rows! Fantastic effect!

Melissa said...

Pretty. Dig the colors. Thanks for participating at The Paper Variety.

Kim said...

Gorgeous page! I all ways love your work:)
~Kim

Nanne said...

Barb took the words right out of my mouth, he is so super cute and I love what you have done with this sketch.. I love buttons, own millions but never really know what to do with them.. How clever are you to show case them perfectly as the runner.. love this!!
Hugs
Nanné

Denise Pustelniak said...

This LO is fab! You also did the sketch wonderfully! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

patriziawithaz said...

Gorgeous LO Fern x Gorgeous photos -a real cutie x Thanks for sharing your super work with us at MTTCC this week x Hope you come back again soon x

Michele said...

You left the nicest comment on my layout for sketches in thyme's last challenge. THANKS!! Your layout is stimply STUNNING!! I think you will be missed as a DT. But have fun stalking!! :-)

Dragonlady said...

Stunning work, you have used the sketch to perfection. THank you for sharing at Lasting Memories.

Hugs Ali x

shannon said...

this is a beautiful layout...love the buttons and the great mix of colors! thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Variety!

Karin said...

Love this layout, the colors are beautiful. I really like that you kept the pattern with the buttons on top and bottom.

Hugs

Chrissie said...

Great layout, thanks so much for joining in our Easter Wishes challenge this week at My Time to Craft!
Chrissie

TannyP said...

Fabulous colors and gorgeous use of the buttons! Absolutely love it. Thanks for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Easter Eggstravaganza!

Amanda said...

Lovely layout - I like all of the buttons! Thanks for joining in with our Easter challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...