Thursday, April 7, 2011

Colten's New Wheels ~ Sketches In Thyme



Hi everyone!!  It's Thursday and that means it's time for another wonderful sketch challenge over at Sketches In Thyme.  This weeks sketch is from wittyliving and I must say was a little intimidating at first...  Here's the sketch...
But after I chose my photos of little GS Colten, I turned the sketch and just let my imagination work with the photos...  I also did the challenge over at Inspire Me, which, along with using mostly Webster's Pages, we were to use Webster's Trim and do some fussy cutting and layering...  Well, with a little boy layout, that was HARD!!  I can see using WP for little girls, but BOYS!!!  Well, I did the best I could.  It doesn't have a lot of layers like I usually have, but I think I accomplished what I was going for!!  Here are a few close ups....

Everything on this layout is from Webster's Pages except the SU Old Olive CS, buttons, twine and letters.  Here you can see some of my fussy cutting.   All of the flowers are cut from Wonderfall ~ Count Your Blessings.

More flowers, and the little brown borders, butterfly, journaling block, and the ruler are all stickers from WP.  You can also see the trim/ribbon which I gathered,  and one of the buttons tied with twine.. 

Close up of more of my fussy cutting, the little bird sticker and part of the tree sticker, also from WP..

Here are a few challenges this layout will qualify for..
Inspire Me ~ Webster's Pages with a twist of Trim/Ribbon
Alphabet Challenge ~ V - Vehicle(s)
The ABC Challenge ~ R - Ribbon

Here is a list of scrappy things I used on this layout..
SU Old Olive CS
Webster's Pages ~ Wonderfall ~ Playtime
Webster's Pages ~ Wonderfall ~ Count Your Blessings
Thickers
Chipboard Letters from stash
Buttons from Stash
Twine from stash
WP Ribbon
WP Stickers

We have another fabulous prize for April and it's from ME!!, Yep, I have put together a little something for you..  But your have to play along to win... And the more times you play the more chances you have to win!! 
Here's what you will win

Here's what's in the package...


7 pages double sided papers from Stampin' Up ~ Designer Series Paper ~ Good Morning Sunshine 12 X 12
2 pages Stampin Up ~ Old Olive Cardstock 12 x 12
2 pages Stampin Up ~ So Saffron Cardstock 12 x 12
3 pages Stampin Up ~ Pacific Point Cardstock 8 1/2 x 11
3 pages Stampin Up ~ Chocolate Chip Cardstock 8 1/2 x 11
1 Doodlebug Design ~ Fancy Frills Cardstock Border Stickers
1 K&Company Citronella Drinks Grand Adhesion
1 La Petites 3-D Flowers Polka Stickers
1 American Traditional Designs ~ Summer Sizzle

Be sure and see what the Design Team did with this sketch, and then we would love for you to play along with us!!
Thanks so much for dropping by!!
Have a wonderful day!!
Hugs!! 
Pin It!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow what a beautiful layout. The little boy is real cute too!!!! So colourful you did an excellent job as always!!!!!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

I LOVE this. I don't have boys so when I living through you LOL. Great embellishments too, like that wagon sticker.

Hugs
Tanya

Nanne said...

I adore this paper collection and I never would of thought to use it with boy's photos, but this looks amazing.. Super cute and love love love the fussy cutting..
Hugs
Nanné

Dawnll said...

How cute is this layout? You always have the best pictures now you know how much I love fussy cutting.

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Fern!!! Of course it's a grand layout -- you did it!!!

Have your retirement date arrived yet? If so, congrats and I hope you have lots of crafty days ahead!!! Always love your work!

Barb Craft said...

Fern... Colten is too darn cute!! I bet he loves his new toy!! I am completely impressed with the way you used the Websters pages for the boy page! It works perfectly! Everything about this LO is fabulous!

barb :)

Lesley said...

Great LO, lovely papers and cute photos! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Karli said...

The fussy cutting is a fabulous touch to your beautiful layout. Thanks so much for sharing your card creation with us at ABC Challenges. Hope you'll play along with us again next time! Hugs~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...