Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt 2011 ~ Colten ~ SOUS Challenge

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well...  I will be away for a little while and not for sure when I will be back..  My dad is very ill and they have called the family in.. We are very sad but we have been preparing ourselves for this...  Those of you who follow my work know that about a year ago my dad was diagnosed with alzheimers and has been in the nursing home since then..  This last Monday he had a stroke and they also found that he has pneumonia... So we are going back to be with my Mom and my family for a little while..
  I have a few projects scheduled to post in the next week or so.. After that we will just have to play it by ear..
Today's sketch challenge is over at Stuck On U Sketches..  And this weeks sketch is by PageMaps...
Doesn't it look Springy with all of those little butterflies...  Remember, you don't have to follow it exactly if you don't want to..  just get your inspiration from it!!!
I went to Colten's Easter Party at daycare last week and took these cute photos of him hunting easter eggs...  and I thought they would work perfect with this sketch.. 

Here are a few close ups...

Here is a close up of the chipboard butterfly...  If you look close you can see that I used a lot of stickles on it!


Here's that sly little bunny watching Colten hunt his easter eggs...  And a few eggs that I cut out with a few feathers and some grass added..

Here is the list of scrappy things I used on this layout....

SU Old Olive CS & Ink
SU Bella Rose DSP
Pebbles ~ Lil' Miss Collection - Silly
SU Summer Sun CS
Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge
Buttons
Twine
MS Garden Trellis Punch
Butterfly from Stash
Stickles
American Crafts Alphabet
Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distressing Ink
Basic Grey Chipboard
SU Bording Blue Ink
JBS Tickets

Be sure and check out the other amazing layouts from the Design Team!!  We would love for you to join in on the fun, and love seeing how you all intreprete our sketches..  Remember you have 2 weeks!!!
Have a wonderful day!!
Hugs!!!
Pin It!

6 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

Hugs to you Fern and my prayers and well wishes to your family! Some people think when something like this is expected and you have time to prepare it's easier. Im not so sure I agree. I think something like this hanging over you is very stressful. I hope at least your father is being kept comfortable. I can only imagine what your mother is going thru. Stay strong and take care my friend!

BTW....this LO is just too stinkin cute!!! :)

all the days of our life said...

Prayers for you and your family Fern. And gentle ((Hugs)) to you.
Your LO is very cute love the colors of spring.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love your layour, Fern .. so cute with those feathers in the grass with the egs. Am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I know your heart is breaking. I pray that God will comfort all of you.

Nanne said...

This is the cutest.. and I absolutely love how verstile your layouts are.. That peek-a-boo bunny is the best though..LOL love this!!
Hugs
Nanné

annette said...

Loving your cute Easter LO specially the rabbit peeping over the edge ... my thoughts & prayers are with you & your family ... luv X:)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

sooooo cute, love your grass! So sorry about your dad, my prayers are with you and your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...