Saturday, April 30, 2011

Zach ~ Curiosity -- Practical Scrappers April Sketch

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well... I will be away for a little while and not for sure when I will be back.. My dad is very ill and they have called the family in.. We are very sad but we have been preparing ourselves for this for awhile now... Those of you who follow my work know about a year ago my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and has been in the nursing home since then.. This last Monday he had a stroke and they also found that he has pneumonia... So we are going back to be with my Mom and my family for a little while..

I have a few projects scheduled to post in the next week or so.. After that we will just have to play it by ear..

This layout is for one of the April Sketch Challenges over at Practical Scrappers... We have two each month, so be sure and check those out..

This one is from Pia... and it's a beauty!!

and I loved working with it..  The photo is of my little GS Zach taken April 13th, 2011..  This is the first time Grandma has gotten to keep him by herself all day long...  We had a blast...  If you're wondering what he's looking at/listening to... It's my husband's antique clock that he inherited from his Grandmother and it was chiming...  He is so curious about everything... and such a cutie!!!

Here are the Dusty Attic Chipboard Gears, some of the major distressing, and part of the MS punched border.


The buckle, bling and quote...


Some more hardware, photo corners and more bling...


Here is a list of scrappy things I used on this layout!!!

My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Collection
K & Company - Sky Meadow Stripe
The Paper Loft - Now and Then Collection
Graphic 45
SU Barely Banana
Marvy Oval Scallop Circle Punch
Dusty Attic Chipboard Gears
Spare Parts Hardware
Explorer by Traditions ~ Lock and Key
SU Ribbon
Prima Say It In Pearls
Martha Stewart Rings Border and Corner Punch

Be sure and check out all of the challenges over at Practical Scrappers..  We have something going on all the time, and who knows, your project may be chosen as one of the ones we spotlight!!! 
Thank you so much for dropping by!!
Have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs!!!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Nanne said...

Oh this is too cute!! Love love love the gears and he is such a little cutey.. Love your take on the sketch which by the way is stunning..
Hugs
Nanné

mindy gallagher said...

Fern the layout is adorable, but most importantly stay strong & hang in there. Seeing your dad suffer like this is hard, I've been there. I lost my dad 5 1/2 years ago. I'll keep you & your family in my prayers! (hugs)

NoraAnne said...

Oh Fern, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad you have the rest of your family to lean on eachother. Hang in there. I unfortunately have been there too, I lost my mom almost 4 years ago and I know how you must be hurting. HUGS to you!
p.s. I love your layout, so cute!

li-bee-ti said...

Playing catch up with your posts...
Awesome layout! I love the colors and the gears.
And of course the all the bling and distressing.
Your work is amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...