Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Look Grandma... ~ Frosted Designs ~ Sketch Along Tuesday

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well... I will be away for a little while and not for sure when I will be back.. My dad is very ill and they have called the family in.. We are very sad but we have been preparing ourselves for this... Those of you who follow my work know that about a year ago my dad was diagnosed with alzheimers and has been in the nursing home since then.. This last Monday he had a stroke and they also found that he has pneumonia... So we are going back to be with my Mom and my family for a little while..

I have a few projects scheduled to post in the next week or so.. After that we will just have to play it by ear..

Today we have a Sketch Challenge over at Frosted Designs ~ Sketch Along Tuesday and this weeks sketch is by Debbie Burns...  and here it is...

I thought this layout would be perfect to showcase DGD Savannah showing me how she can ride her bike without the training wheels...  I was sooo proud of her... and I think she was a little proud of herself too!!

Here are a few close ups..
Here you can see the little paper flowers, the diecut vine, and the sticker butterfly..


Decorative Button and another sticker butterfly..

BG Olivia paisley sticker, distressed cardboard  layer, and another butterfly..

Thanks for dropping by and be sure and check out the other wonderful layouts from the Design Team...  We have a wonderful prize for this month from Part Time Sally, which is an online store offering the newest name brand products along with great prices. You can check them out here.

Up for grabs this month is the newest collection by Echo Park, Summer Days!


 And we would love for you to win it.... but you have to play along to be eligible..
Have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs!!!
Pin It!

5 comments:

scrappinlil said...

I know you are going through a rough time right now. SO I just want to say that my prayers are with you and your family. On a good note I really love your layout. I love the colors, the flowers, the pics, oh heck I love it all. You take care and hope to see you back in the near future. TFS

Dawnll said...

This is amaing with the flowers and colors.
Fern take care of yourself- I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult journey.
{{{{hugs}}}}
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a wonderful page .. love all your details. You always do such great pink pages!! Thinking of ya!

Nanne said...

Oh wow!! this is fabulous and I love how the sketch looks flipped on its side.. Another winner..
I hope you're hanging in there..
take care
Hugs
Nanné

li-bee-ti said...

Wonderful layout! I love that oval frame and all the embellishments.
I do hope your Dad is getting better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...