Friday, May 27, 2011

Tiny Dancer ~ Stuck On U Sketches ~ PUBLISHED IN SCRAPBOOK NEWS AND REVIEW AUG. 14TH, 2011



Hi everyone!!  At least I can upload and edit on my blog even though I can't seem to leave any comments on anyone else's....  I'm so sorry about that....  I hope they get this fixed real soon!!!  Grrrrrr.......   But in the meantime the challenges must go on...  And today we have a new sketch over at Stuck On U Sketches and it's another beautiful one created by our very own Ness aka Crafty Ness.. 
To me this sketch just screams "girly" and so that's what I went with....  The photos I used are of little GD Savannah taken on May 1, 2011 at her Ballet/Tap Dance Recital... They were taken by my DIL..  I missed the recital since I was in Oklahoma visiting my family... My DIL ordered a video of the whole thing and I can't wait to watch it...   
Here are a few close ups...

Here you can see the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Wood Shape Birdcage with the Prima Trinket birds flying.. I added a little lace, some Prima Say It In Pearls, a cabochon and some Tulle picks..


Here I took a piece of Tulle, gathered it in the middle, added the Tulle Picks and the little flower... You can also see all of the Prima Pearl Flourishes I've added..


Here is my Pink Paislee Artisan Element that I painted with some pink Smooch.. And a quote that I printed off of the computer on the Top Note Bigz Die from Stampin' Up..

Here are a few other challenges this will qualify for..
A Spoon Full of Sugar ~ Things with Wings
Crafts and Me ~ Gems & Pearls
Creative Card Crew ~ Anything Goes
My Time To Craft ~ Use A Die Cut
Paper Romance ~ Distressing
Christian Paper Craft - Copy That #09 - Inspiration picture (I chose the ballet theme)

Here is the scrappy list of things I used on this layout..
SU So Saffron CS
Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Collection --- This is beautiful paper!!!!
My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Collection 
Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Teresa Collins 8" x 8" transparency --Ornate Frame
MS Double Loops Corner and Border Punch
Pink Paislee --Artisan Elements
Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Wood Shapes No. 4 -- Birdcage
Ziva Self Adhesive Crystal -- Heart
Stampin' Up Top Note Bigz Die
Tickets
Pink Tulle
Tulle picks
Offray Pink Flower
Prima Vintage Trinkets
Prima Say It In Pearls
Lace
Prima Alphabet Gem Stickers

And remember we have a prize for one lucky person this month...  It's also donated by Ness at Scrap with V..
But, you have to play to win!!
And if you need a little inspiration, be sure and check out the Design Teams beautiful layouts...
Thanks so much for dropping by!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugs!!!
Pin It!

16 comments:

Ness said...

Wow Fern, your take on the sketch is amazing!! Such gorgeous photos, perfect for the layout. Love Ness xx

Mel said...

Oh wow, this is just stunning, the lace on the bird cage is beautiful. Melxx

Debbie said...

Where do I start? Gorgeous layout, precious pictures and fabulous details Fern! Just adore the tulle. Simply put - beautiful!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

How beautiful! Love your work and all your embellishments. fabulous take of the sketch!

Angi Barrs said...

Super gorgeous page Fern. Love the pearls. :)

Andrea said...

Oh Fern - what a beautiful Layout - so romantic! I love it!
Big hug and have a great weekend
Andrea-Emmi41

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wowzer, Fern, this is one of my faves! Love the tulle and all the flourishes .. and oooo, that rhinestone heart is gorgeous! I need bunches of those. Love all your pages but the girly ones blow me away! Have a fun weekend. Hope your family has something special planned!

Becca Fabozzi said...

WOWZERS!!! This is a stunning layout. I LOVE everything about it, just beautiful. The embellishments are amazing, and I love how you've distressed the paper. It is just stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious this month

Maureen Reiss said...

Your LO is sooo beautiful!!! Love the toule flower, it goes perfect w/ the Adorable pic!!

Karin said...

Beautiful!, so whimsical. Great page and a really pretty sketch.
Hugs!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

This layout leaves me speechless! It is beyond beautiful and you did amazing work! I just got those papers and I can't wait to work with them!

K-E Kreations said...

This is soooo beautiful! It fits a ballerina perfectly.

patriziawithaz said...

Oh My Goodness Fern !!!! this is Gorgeous !!!! A sensational LO - I love it all x Thanks so much for sharing this with us at My Time to Craft Challenge this week in our Die Cut challenge x
PS. I found something that might solve the Blogger problem and I put it on my Blog side bar - "HERE"

Unknown said...

This is over the top Cute!! Love everything about it. That's the most adorable bird cage I've ever seen...love, love, love the tulle at the top...perfect! Love all of your other accents too!

Jennipher said...

Awesome layout Fern! Just gorgeous.

MrsD07 said...

WOWZA!! So gorgeous!! Just stumbled upon your blog today....you have a new follower :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...