Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spradlin Family - 1948 and Mini Album Page ~ Practical Scrappers

Please see next post for my Sketch Along Tuesday - Frosted Designs Layout!!

(I had to make a few changes on this one... My cousin emailed me this morning and told me this was in 1948 and not 1947...  She and my mom were like sisters and just a few years apart.  She also said she has a newspaper clipping about the photo and it has the date on it..  She is going to email it to me...  I can't wait to get it and include it in the pocket!!!  WOW talk about a treasure!!  Thank you sooooo much, Almeta!!!)

Hello, It's me again!! I have a couple more things to share with you today..  This time it's for the Practical Scrappers Cameos and Silhouettes reveal..  
The first one is a layout I did of my Mother's family back in 1948..  My mother was only 13 years old,  she was the youngest of 13 children.  In this photo are my Mother's parents (my Grandparents), some of her 12 siblings and some of their spouses, Billy, a boy that my Grandparents took in to raise, and some of her nieces and nephews..  There were 13 children in all that reached adulthood, and 3 died at either birth or within the first year...  My Grandparents had a total of 56 grandchildren, which included 2 step-grandchildren, and 3 that died young...  WOW, that's a lot of grand kids... 
I haven't really scrapped my Mom's side of the family, we didn't live close to any of her relatives and only visited once a year, so I don't really know them as well as I do my Dad's side..  But I am slowly meeting more of them on Facebook which I am so excited about and I hope to meet a lot more!!!
 Okay on with the details here....
Here are a few close ups...
This is my mother.. you can see that there is a tag behind her photo that has the family history on it...  The light blue layer is a piece of scrap that I dry embossed and then brushed with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distressing Ink, few La Patite 3-D Butterflies, a portion of a string of pearls, some Prima Say It In Pearls and a portion of the crochet doily...

Here is the Tim Holtz idea-ology ~ Ornate Plate, another La Patite 3-D Butterfly Sticker, more of the hand crochet doily, part of the MS Deco Fan corner punched circle, Prima Flower, and Cameo....

Some Prima Flowers, Decoractive Button, Prima Say In In Pearls, and Basic Grey Chipboard Bird...

Here are a few other challenges this layout will qualify for...
Practical Scrappers ~ Cameos and Silhouettes
Crafty Cardmakers ~ Embossing
Cupcake Challenge ~ In the Garden
Flutter By Wednesday ~ Anything but a card (using butterflies, angels and/or a fairy)
The Shabby Tea Room ~ Monochromatic
Use It Tuesday ~ Bling
Anything Goes Challenge ~ Bingo..  I chose Distressing, Flowers and Embossing

Here is a list of scrappy things I used on the layout...
Heidi Swapp ~ The Lounge
The Paper Loft ~ Fun & Games Series - Metronome
g c d Studios ~ Ella Blue Collection
MS Deco Fan Corner Punch
Bazzill (the light blue that I framed the large photo with) ????
Crochet Doily
Prima Flowers
Decorative Button
Basic Grey Chipboard Bird
Prima Say It In Pearls
Strand of pearl beads
La Petites 3-D Butterfly Stickers
Tim Holtz idea-ology ~ Ornate Plates
Cameo
7 Gypsies Tag

AND

MY MINI ALBUM
I'm also showing you a few pages of a mini album I did awhile back.  I'm showing the cover and the page that I used the cameo on.... 

This was my first mini album I made and I loved it... I am currently working on 3 more....


Here you can see the cameo and the tags in place...


Here you can see the tags pulled out!

You can see the whole album here.....

Please check out the sidebar over at Practical Scrappers to see the list of new challenges...  We would love to reveal your project... 
Thanks for dropping by!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs!!!
Pin It!

20 comments:

Sara I. said...

Stunning works of art!!! Love all the vintage flowers and embellies and your mini album is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your talent with Cupcake this week and good luck :)
~hugs
Sara, Guest Cupcake

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Fern, your page is fabulous and your book is just amazing! Love your work, they are pieces of art!

Dawnll said...

Wow Fern!!!
Your page is so beautiful- as usual your eye for detail is amazing.
Love the pages of your mini album- another fun design and such great supplies you have used.
Hope you come and join my de-stash swap going on now
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Your LO is gorgeous! What beautiful photos! And that album is awesome!!

Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Karin said...

That mini album is gorgeous!

Faye said...

Oh how gorgeous! Love your in the garden element. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. x

Tamara Morton said...

Wow a fabulous LO I love all those beautiful flowers. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Don't forget that we have a special blog hop starting on 31st May for our birthday celebrations. With lots of prizes to be won hope you will join us again
Hugs
Tamara

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my goodness, can you say 'gorgeous'??! Eh, what is a year off anyway! :)

Thank you so much for playing at Use It Tuesday!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, Fern, just got back from having a wisdom tooth pulled. What a way to spend my day off. BUT I just had to stop and take a minute to oooh and awwwh over this fabulous page. What a treasure. Gorgoeus details! You have inspired me to get getting on one I have of mom and her family. Anyway, still thinking of you and your family. Chat soon!

Angi Barrs said...

WOWZA...Gorgeous page Fern. I love love love the photo. Very vintage and classic. You added some very beautiful elements. And you know that I love your mini albums. :)

cheryl said...

oh wow wow just adore mini albums and this is just stunning oh love the colors on this ,the design well love it all, bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hun hugs cheryl xxxx

all the days of our life said...

WOW!!! That page is gorgeous, I love that little photo in the circle. The album looks amazing, that cameon is beautiful. Beautiful work

Antoinette said...

Beautiful! Such lovely colours and I just love the vintage feel!!
Thank you for joining us at the ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge and I hope you will join us for our next challenge on 31st May for our 1st year Birthday blog hop with loads of goodies to give away!! Hugs Annie xXx

MadeByKarla said...

This is just priceless! I would love to have a photograph like this one. The layout and the mini album are beautiful!

Scossie Jane said...

What a treasure indeed in that photo, and the layout is stunning, as always. 56 grandchildren - my goodness. How to remember all their birthdays?? And I bet they never missed one of them. Your mini book is awesome - was that the one you made for the SOUS swap?? It's gorgeous... Hugs my friend xx

Kelli said...

Outstanding! completley unbelieveable! If anyone is interested I have blog candy available.

gillyflower said...

wow this is stunning such a lot of work
thanks for taking part in our challenge at crafty cardmakers and come back and play again soon
gill x

Poppit said...

Beautiful creations! Love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge. x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous layout and mini Fern! How lucky for you to have that wonderful picture!!!

li-bee-ti said...

Oh, such a beauty! Stunning lo and awesome mini album. Your vintage look layouts are adorable and I love how you put all those embellishments to get such a WOW look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...