Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hershey's luv pats!!! Frosted Designs-Sketch Along Tuesday


Hi everyone, it's Tuesday and that means that it's time for another Sketch Along Tuesday Challenge over at Frosted Designs...  And Guess what?  Yep, this weeks sketch is by lil' ole' me, again!!!  I hope you enjoy using these as much as I enjoy creating them...   Our sponsor for this month is Nikki Sivils and I had some of the Sugar Cookie collection left over from my layout I did for the last challenge, so I decided to make another layout using this "sweet" collection.  This is another layout of my DGD Savannah..  But, before I go into the details, I need to show you the sketch!
Just think of the possibilities!!!  I just wanted to make a cute and girly layout.  So I found these cute photos of GD Savannah taken back in December, 2008.  She was 3 1/2 years old and she is petting our very old kitty, Hershey, who was around 18 years old at the time.  She's no longer with us, but she had a wonderful and pampered life!!   Hershey was one of a kind..  The only safe place to pet her was her head..  Anywhere else and she might just take a chunk out of you....  Notice Savannah very cautiously petting her "boody", but not for long...  When that tail started swishing, you better watch out!!  She would let you know very quickly when she had had enough..  She lived to be close to 20 years before we lost her... And I can honestly say that we all miss her!!!
Here are a few close ups:
Here you can see some of the fun colors in this collection, the corduroy buttons and the sticker alphabet.

Here is a handmade flower I made using paper from the 6 x 6 mini paper pad.. I cut this out with the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die and added a Pearl Brad in the center... The leaves are individual leaves that I just layered and I added the curly piece.  This is all layered over Prima pearl bling..

Here you can see my hidden tag that I have journaled on.  This is made with the 7 Gypsies - Savannah Tag.. I layered this on a piece of SU Chocolate Chip CS, punched a hole and added some ribbon. 
You can also see some of the punched border using the Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Border Punch.

And finally, here I fussy cut the hearts, added stickles and layered them over a piece of chocolate lace ribbon.

Here are a few challenges this qualifies for:
Dutch Dare Card Challenge ~ Sparkle, Glitter and Bling
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge ~ Make Your Own - I made my flower and added the individual leaves around it.
Incy Wincy Designs ~ Use punches or dies
Paper Play Challenge ~ Add Shine - stickles
My Sheri Crafts ~ All About Girls
Simply Create ~ Bold and Bright
Res-Q Challenge ~ Something that makes you happy - (GD Savannah)

Here is a list of scrappy things I used on this layout:
SU Chocolate Chip CS
SU DSP Melon Mambo
Nikki Sivils "Sugar Cookie" Collection
7Gypsies ~ Savannah Tag
Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die
MS Eyelet Lace Border and Corner Punch
Prima Say It In Pearls
Pearl Brad
Lace Ribbon
Leaves
Stickles

Please check out the other layouts from the Design Team..  We would love for you to play along.  Remember we have a new Nikki Sivils Collection for the prize, It's called Tree Love, and it's so cute. 
 But you have to play in order to be eligible to win, so what are you waiting for!! 
I also want to remind everyone that there is a Design Team Call over at Frosted Designs and they are looking for a few new scrappers...  If you're interested please go check out all the details here...  But hurry, it closes Feb. 25th.
Thanks for dropping by and come back anytime!!
Have a wonderful week!!
Hugs!!! 
Pin It!

27 comments:

lizzaveta said...

Oh, what a sweet layout!!! I love this photo and color combo!)

ruth said...

So pretty! You just rock these layouts time after time! I *love* how you used the heart in the background....it adds so much. Everything is gorgeous!

And so is the story. We just lost our little beagle Bo after 18 years. I had taken some awesome pictures of my 22 year old son and his doggie this past September and they are just precious. I'm alternately excited and saddened to scrap them. I really just need to do it...it will be good for us all.

Angi Barrs said...

LOL...SOOOOO Love the title of your layout. So fun & sweet. :)

TeenaBugg38 said...

I love that story!!!! And the layout! I had a kitty that was sweet aned lovable as well until you messed with her ears.....lol. If she initiatted it by rubbing her head on you it was ok...but you couldn't just up and scratch her ears of she would shred you to bits. She's no longer with me either :( I love sweet memories like this and the fact that you documented it....pets are just like family members and in my house get treate3d the same as the children....of if you ask the children, Better....LOL

Debbie Bakk said...

What a cute layout- love all the embellies.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous layout. The pink is wonderful and the story is precious. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Hugs
Tanya

WencheP said...

Absolutely stunning! I just love everything, the flowers, the colors and the photos.

Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Dawnll said...

Oh how I love the colors you used- such adorable pictures- and even Hershey is adorable.
Such fun details sweetie.

Denise said...

Gorgeous layout with lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at SYSU

karen said...

oh a beautiful layout, love the colours, thanks for joining us at fab n funky, Karenx

Stine Ursin said...

So cute and girly. Love it Fern!

all the days of our life said...

Beautiful!!! I love the pink and purples. I also love the sketch you created.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Fern, this is a gorgeous page! Love all the details and colors are perfect for the pictures.

Barb Craft said...

Look at you rockin' your own sketch!! I adore this sweet LO! The heart you layered behind the photos was a great touch!! Love it all!!
barb :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Fern this layout could not be any cuter I absolutely love it!

Miranda said...

great scraplayout thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Melissa Vettorel said...

Wow...I love your LO!! It's adorable and I'm loving the colors!! I found your blog through Scrap That! It's such a great site!! I became a follower. Check out my blog http://www.melissavettorel.blogspot.com/

*Ang* said...

Fantastic page Fern! Love all the added sparkle on the flowers and hearts! Thanks for sharing at Dutch Dare, hugs Ang x

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

Very girly and so many wonderful details! Thanks for sharing with us this week!

Debbie said...

Love your layout Fern! You did a fabulous job with your sketch and those cute Nikki Sivils papers!! Love the handmade flower!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow! Love that sketch .. these are just getting better and better! I am so loving the pink and brown together and all thpse hearts. Samantha is just beautiful in these photos! Must take after Gramma.

Deirdre said...

I'm a stickles girl too...!!! Love what you created. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week.

Nanne said...

Stunning layout Fern and you've done wonders with the sketch :)
hugs
Nanné

kelly said...

Love the colours and layout on this page.Thanks for playing at simply create.

Denise said...

Fabulous! Love this layout! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

karen said...

Gorgeous layout, thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week, Karen

flowerdisco said...

awww, another beautiful layout. this one brought memories. we had a long hair doxie named hershey. he was so good and i loved him to death. we also had sparkles, a dapple doxie and sparkles was the one of a kind one. no other like him. he is no longer with us either.

hugs again! ;p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...