Friday, February 4, 2011

Memories that last a lifetime! ~ SOUS Sketch Challenge

First of all, what is going on with this weather?!!!  It doesn't ever get this cold down here in Texas.... I can't wait for it to get back to our normal temps!!
The only good thing about today is...  TGIF..  and that means another fabulous sketch challenge over at Stuck On U Sketches!!  And for me, this weeks sketch was just a little tricky!!  But, you know, I think I did a pretty good job with it....   Here it is!

As you can see I changed it up just a little, but I tried to keep the "feel" of the original sketch... For this one I wanted to use these cute photos of DS Levi and sweet GS Colten doing what they do every night...  look at tractor magazines...  If you don't already know, Colten loooves tractors... When he comes over here he has his own set of magazines that he looks through over and over again.. And he does not tear them up!!  Anyway, the photos were taken by my DIL who so graciously shared them with me...  I got the black and white photo of the tractor background from one of my DH's Tractor Magazines and I just copied it off on some photo paper...  Since it was a b/w photo, I decided to print my photos in b/w too, and then decided to make a mono-chromatic layout....  Which I really like the way it turned out.

Here are a few close-ups
Here you can see the photo I printed and the stick on letters I added...

Here you can see a portion of the black CS which I painted with the Tim Holtz Distressing ink.. I like the way this really looks grungy!! 

Here is my journaling tag..

Here is the metal tag from Teresa Collins which I rubbed with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink, butterfly punched with the MS Butterfly Punch, a Prima Flower, and some Prima Say It In Crystal bling!!

And finally here is a close up of sweet little Colten and his daddy!!!

Here are a few other challenges this will qualify for:
Alphabet Challenge ~ N for Numbers
Creative Prompts ~ Choose one of their last 50 challenges... I chose the colors from Challenge #45  Whisper 
Cupcake Craft Challenge ~ Old MacDonald Had a Farm

Here is the list of scrappy list of items I used:
SU Basic Black CS painted with
Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint ~ Vintage Photo
Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue
Graphic 45 Botanicabella Collection - Botanical News
MS Butterfly Punch
MS Border Punch
SU Corner Punch
SU Tag Punch
Prima Flower
Making Memories~Antique Copper Lacy Brads
Teresa Collins ~ Blingage - decorative metal frame

Be sure and check out the other wonderful layouts from the other ladies.... And then we would love for you to play along with us..  Remember you have 2 weeks to create a layout using this sketch...  I don't know if you've noticed, but we are now doing tutorials on our off Fridays.  The next one will be Friday the 11th.  Our first tutorial was last Friday, where Nanne shared with us how to make Lace Rosette Flowers that you can use on your layouts, your cards, or really any project you're working on...  If you didn't get a chance to see it, click here!!  You will definitely want to try your hand at making some of these!!! 
Thanks so much for dropping by!!
I would love to hear from you!!
Stay warm, safe, and healthy!!
Hugs!!!
Pin It!

23 comments:

lizzaveta said...

Wow! What a great layout!!!
I love this style and colors!)))

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Fern!!! I should have know you'd have a beautiful layout to share when I clicked on -- you always have amazing layouts!!!

I've been missing you; decided to stop by, say hello, and let you know I haven't forgotten you, my friend!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow what a wonderful layout

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Fern, love your take on the sketch. Love your colors and the picture is just precious. Another fabulous one! Keep warm and safe.

Tammy E. said...

What a great vintage looking layout. Of course the B&W photos are awesome, along with that tractor! And the metal frame -- a great touch.

Unknown said...

wow. Love this layout. You did a beautiful job. all the layering and the colors are perfect~
KACEE

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is fabulous, Fern! Love the b/w with the monchromatic theme. The whole page has such a great "feel." Of course, the photos are darling! Well, weve gotten 4 inches of snow so far and now it is sleeting. My boss actually called and said "don't come in." That NEVER happens! But I am working from home a little, so I best get back to it! Hugs!

Pat said...

Fern this is stunning!! I love everything about this!

Angi Barrs said...

Isn't our weather crazy? I'm hating it. Lots of ice in our area. Schools are closed so I'm taking advantage and crafting all day. :)

Love your beautiful layout. I especially love the "grow" bingo card. :)

Tammara said...

Love the monochromatic theme on this. How super cute to have the photo of the tractor and photo of them looking through the tractor magazine!

made by fifi said...

great LO - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

Delphine said...

Stunning layout! I love your choice of black and white and the photos are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous layout Fern! Thanks for playing along with us.

Ally
http://creativeprompts4u.blogspot.com/

Nanne said...

loved this the first minute I seen it.. Fantastic photos and love your color choice.. Very elegant!!
Hugs
Nanné

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I agree with Nanne but I have to say that I really love all the projects this week! But this is pretty special..obviously the photos of the boys, and the story behind it but I love what you did the larger tractor photo and that it looks like a vintage postcard or something added in! I really do ADORE it!

Helen Ann said...

I love this, love the old fashioned feel of it

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog

Hel xox

Debbie said...

Fern the paper you chose for your layout is perfect for your wonderful photos! Love all of your special details! Hope your weather warms up soon. Today it is suppose to get in the high 40's here and then in a few days the temps go back down. This sure has been a crazy winter!

Faye said...

Wow, cool LO. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. x

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

annette said...

awesome .. love the LO, the colours, the photos, the title .. you know what????? I just love it all
luv X:)

Stine Ursin said...

Fabulous Fern! Love B&W and the tractor. Wonderful idea for these adorable photos. Little boys are the cutest. My 18 months old boy is crazy about anything with wheels. Hope your weather gets better! We have started our fourth month with snow, ice and low temperatures here.. no sign of spring for a long time.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This has me saying wow and awe both in the same breath.
Hugs
Tanya

Debbi Tehrani said...

Such a beautiful page--has such a wonderful, timeless feel. THanks for playing along at CP4U!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...