Thursday, January 27, 2011

Zach - Cool Dude ~ Sketches In Thyme ~ Fern's Sketch No. 3!!

Hello!!! It's Thursday and that means it's time for another wonderful sketch challenge over at Sketches In Thyme!!!  This week we have an "OPEN" challenge and that means you can use any sketch you like, but you need to upload the sketch with your layout..   And this week I have a little surprise for you all... I designed my own sketch, and here it is...
I had so much fun designing this sketch and I will have some more to share later...  If you like this one, please, feel free to use it!!!

For my layout I decided to use this cute photo of little GS Zach that my DD posted on FB...  She had just cut his hair and is looks adorable.... especially with those little monkey shoes!!!!  He did great as long as he had his own comb!!!  lol  Too cute!!!  I even used some of my old, old, old, paper stash... and some scraps... 

Here are a few close ups:
Here you can see my distressed edges, buttons, Glitter Butterfly stickers and it's hard to see but there is a transparancy overlay under the buttons....  see the leafy vines? 

The title is a sticker and I used stickles on "Dude".  You can see the glitter in this close up better!!!

Here is my the flower and another glitter butterfly sticker... along with one of the distressed corners..

Here is the brown lace and the MS Daisy Fan punched border..

And here is a hidden tag with the date....

And here is the tag pulled out.... I left it blank so my DD can journal what happened...

And here is my sweet little GS Zach sitting there with his little monkey shoes on...  So cute...  You can also see another decorative border punch with the MS Double Edge Punch.

Here is my list of scrappy things I used:
Powder Blue CS
My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus Collection
Scrap scraps
MS Double Edge Punch
MS Deep Edge Punch Daisy Fan
Flower and Vine
Stickles
Buttons
Lace
Stick on letters

Be sure and check out the other beautiful layouts from the Mavens and then go find your favorite sketch and play along....  Remember this is the last chance at January's fabulous prize!!! 


Thanks for dropping by!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs!!
Pin It!

18 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Fern, he is so cute! and your page is just fabulous. Love all the details, great job!

Barb Craft said...

Okay, not only are your LOs amazing but now you are rockin' your own sketches!! Love it!! This sketch is fabulous and I think I will be using it today!! (I have a little project I am working on and this is perfect!!) But on to your LO... sooo cute!! I love the way you used the tranparency and all the distressing looks fabulous!!
barb :)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

LOVE that you made your own sketch. This is one handsome page for sure. What a cutie.
Hugs
Tanya

Nanne said...

Well, just look at you..Another wonderful talent shows through..Luv that sketch and that layout sure is fantastic.. I always admire your distressing and wonderful choice of prints and colors..
I just might have to put this sketch to the test..LOL
love and hugs
Nanné

Kim said...

Fern, Love your Layout as All ways!! What a cute little subject:)
~Kim

flowerdisco said...

oh fern...look at mr zach! first hair cut and all :) love him and love the layout. that yellow flower is stunning. tfs!

Sandi Clarkson said...

I love that you are creating some sketches! Cool Beans! And this layout is fantastic .. great emblelies and omigosh, that cute pic .. love love love it! And your pp are divine! Supposed to 70 here tomorrow .. I say bring it on, baby!

Unknown said...

I love your use of blues and greens! So many beautiful details to enjoy!

li-bee-ti said...

Oh, Fern! First of all - Zach is such a cutie little pie!
The lo is fab! You know I just love all the distressing you're doing on your layouts... And the colors and all the embellishments! So many beautiful details! Gottta love it!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

I just love how you put together so many textures and details and it looks so good all together! I am trying to add more but my creations look cluttered when I do.....better keep trying LOL!

What a little cutie in the picture too!

Tammara said...

Great job on your sketch and love the layout you created with it. Super darling picture of your gs.

Anonymous said...

LOVE it Fern!
This is so great and the sketch is wonderful...what a wonderful new skill to show off!!!!
So, as normal...what I love so much is the details and appreciate all the extra photos so we can see them!!!!
GREAT job!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Zach is such a cool dude! :) Love this adorable layout. Beautiful elements and paper. Love it. :)

Pat said...

This is so adorable!

Pamela Lash said...

Love your cool LO - you have such creativity!
Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations

Beth aka BR-T said...

Fern you are my detail idol I am serious, you don't miss a beat!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Power and heat have been out for 15 hours. We were just packing up to head to a hotel and it came back on. Thanks God, I am frozen. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays on and we have heat. Still lots of ice on the roads .. or so I hear. Take care.

Amanda Straseske said...

What a handsome little devil ;) Mom, I love this layout! I'm so glad he stayed still long enough for the CHOP and the pic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...