Friday, March 12, 2010

The Rose Family ~ 2009; Layout for my SIL's Birthday; Practical Scrappers White Gel Pen Challenge ~ This layout was chosen as the winner over at The Craft Garden for the month of March!!!!

Happy Friday everyone!!  This week over at Practical Scrappers we are using our white gel pens, if you haven't checked it out, you still have time to play.  The challenge is open until tomorrow evening, so what are you waiting for.  Grab those pens and start doodling!!!  That's what I did on this sweet layout of my great nieces!
My niece sent me this photo collage of her little ones as a Christmas card this year.  And so,  I wanted to make a layout using this photo for my sister-in-law's birthday this next Monday.  I really love the way this turned out.  I think it definately has that girly look to it...  I hope she likes it, too!!
This also qualifies for a few other challenges, which are:
Practical Scrappers ~ White Gel Pen
Crafty Calendar Challenge ~ Flower Power
Crafty Cardmakers ~ Feminine
Cupcake Craft Challenge ~ Flower Power
Magical Crafts Fortnightly Challenge ~ Things with Wings  (Lady bugs)
The Craft Garden ~ Photo Inspiration
Ooh-la-la Creations ~ Anything Goes

And here's the scrappy list of things I used:
SU Chocolate Chip CS
2) BoBunny ~ Love Bandit ~ Love Bandit Flower Die Cut ~ I cut just the outer pink edge off of one and popped it up over the first layer..
Scrap PP ~ cream with rose red dots
Doily ~ center cut out
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist ~ Black Cherry and Pearl
SU Pretty In Pink CS
MS Garden Trellis Punch
Prima Painterly Petals
Paper and Silk Flowers
Foam Lady Bug 3-D Stickers
Google eyes
Prima Say It In Pearls
Silhouette
Pearls
Inkssentials Opaque Pen ~ White
Pop Dots
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me.  I would love to hear from you!!
Have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs  :o)
Pin It!

32 comments:

.... said...

I am amazed how there is so much going on but it still doesn't take away from the photo itself. I absolutely adore the use of pink and I am not much of a pink fan. Nice work! TFS!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful Fern!! I am loving all those flowers and color choice!!

TeenaBugg38 said...

Oooooooooh!!!! I totally love this and what great use of the white pen! The flowrs are totally gorgeous....makes me long for spring that much more!

Bobbi said...

Beautiful! I love how you framed it and the flowers are gorgeous.

Melissa said...

Oh Fern, this is gorgeous!!!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

simply gorgeous!

Nanne said...

Oh! that is sooooooooooooo pretty...and She is going to LOVE it.. fabulous colors, prints and embellishments..
hugs
Nanné

Brooke said...

That is so beautiful..what a great idea using her pics for a layout gift....love your work!!!

Barb Craft said...

Fern.. this is stunning!! And those ladybugs!! Too cute!! As always, your embellishments are just gorgeous and perfect! Also lovin' how you used the white pen... very fun!
Barb :)

Wendi said...

Fern that is one gorgeous scrap page and such lovely colours too, thank you so much for sharing with us at OOh La la I hope we see more of your lovely creations
Wendi

Carol Ann said...

A beautiful layout with great papers there are lots of elements you see something new every time you look I think the ladybugs just finish it off! Thanks for playing along at Magical Crafts.
Carol Ann xx

TeenaBugg38 said...

Fern!!! I found some flower making tuts!!! These are super cute yarn flowers
http://www.craftastical.com/2010/03/tutorial-loom-flowers-without-loom.html
and this one is for a digital kit BUT you can do this exact same thing with traditional scrapping supplies by following the technique.http://designbydani.com/girltalk/?p=1978 they are ADORABLE!!!!

Happy craftin girlie :)
PS...thank you so much for the sweet comments you have been leaving me!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Fern, this is just absolute gorgeous! Your neice will just love it!

jackiescrafts said...

Great layout with lots of embellishments, thanks for joining us at MCFC

Jackie x

flowerdisco said...

Great doodling and lo too. I couldn't tell from here until I read your post. Nice job!

Beryl K said...

Wonderful lay out, thank you so much for joining us at OLL this time
Beryl x

Donna said...

Really gorgeous Layout, love all of the elements that work so well together. Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts this time.
Hugs, Donna x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and adorable lo Fern!!! love the use of the gel pen!! you did a great job with it!!
Hugs
Lidia

Heidi M said...

Hi Fern! This is beautiful! I love the flowers and the doily frame!

Heidi :)

Maria Matter said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, oh Fern, if I scrapped, I would want my LO to look like this! lol
Just Fabulous sweetie!
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing it.

Anne said...

Fantastic LO Fern, thanks for sharing it with us at OLL. Hugs x

Sandy said...

This page is the bomb...the design and elements are just fabulous and I love love love how you have done the photos...what a great way to capture the family yet let them be individuals at the same time...I just love it!

Kim. said...

This has got to be one of the most amazing layouts I have seen. It just all fits together so perfectly, love the colours, the shapes you used and most of all those children lol. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
Kim xXx

Nataša said...

Beautiful!
hugs, Natasa

Chrissy D said...

Yowza! GORGEOUS page. I love the expressions on those precious children!

Liz said...

Stunnng layout lovely project all in thanks for joining MCFC wings theme

liz x

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Unknown said...

This is amazing - heart and soul has gone into this, well done hun, thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Amanda said...

Fern, this page is absolutely stunning... You totally rocked the white pen/marker challenge...

Your Practical Scrappers DT sister,
Amanda:0)

Anonymous said...

This is just stunning, I love Bobunny paper's...
Your layout is just perfect, scrapbooking is something I have never had a go at myself but you really have given me a desire to try...

Thanks for joining Crafty cardmakers this week
x
Vicky

LORi said...

WOWZA Fabulous!!!!!!!! WOW!!

HUGS - LORi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...