Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Zach ~ Born To Be Wild ~ Corrugated/Crimped Layouts--Practical Scrappers ~~ FEATURED OVER AT LASTING MEMORIES!! TOP 3 OVER AT LASTING MEMORIES!! AND CHOSEN AS THE SUPER NOVA WINNER OVER AT PAPERCRAFT STAR!!

Good morning everyone!!   Wow, a lot has happened since the last time I posted.  Last Wednesday our farm flooded!!!  Yep...  We got 4.5 inches of rain over there and that was fine, but, about 5 miles north, one little town got 9 inches and another got 8 inches and so when you have all that runoff into the creek that runs along the back of our property, well, you know what happens...  At the end of my post I have a few photos my husband took.... But for now I want to share with you a layout I made for the Corrugated/Crimped Layout Reveal over at Practical Scrappers!!  I decided to scrap this cute photo my DD took of little Zach.  Not for sure where it was, I think at his other Grandma's house.  When I saw it, this old Steppenwolf song came to mind, so that's what I went with...
Here are a few close ups....

Here are a few lyrics..  Some Distressed Edges, frayed Burlap, and a Jillibean Soup Corrugated Letter.


Distressed Edges, Corrugated Cardboard, Jillibean Soup Corrugated Letters, Tag with some of the frayed Burlap stapled to it..


Distressed Edges, Jillibean Soup Corrugated Letters, Spellbinders Die Cut Frame, Stick on Letters..


Distressed Edges, Jillibean Soup Corrugated Letters, Corrugated Cardboard, Stick on Letters, and frayed Burlap..

A few challenges this layout will qualify for are...
Practical Scrappers ~ Corrugated/Crimped Layout
Lasting Memories ~ Trash Your Layout (I used part of a cardboard box, A piece of burlap and some cardstock scraps)
Cupcake Craft Challenge ~ Recycle (recycled part of a cardboard mailing box)


List of scrappy things I used on this layout....
Close To My Heart Chocolate CS
Stampin' Up Sage Shadow CS
Bo Bunny ~ Gabrielle Dot
S E I ~ Alpine Frost
Stampin' Up More Mustard CS (used some of my scraps)
Cardboard (from a box)
Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Scrap Burlap
Jillibean Soup ~ Corrugated White Alphas
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist ~ Caramel Apple
Spellbinders Shapeabilities ~ Fancy Tags Two
The Paper Studio Sticker Letters


If you're needing ideas on different ways to use Corrugated/Crimped elements on your layout, please check out the inspiration over at Practical Scrappers.  And while you're there check out the sidebar to see what's coming up.  We would love for you to submit you work and be showcased along with the Design Team.

And now here are a few of those photos of our farm taken last Wednesday..

No, this is not a lake..  It's our bottom land... 
Photo taken around 7:00 AM


Yep, this is the road...  It was closed until Saturday...  At this time you couldn't even see our cross fence.. it was totally under water...


We just bought the place last October, and Rick wanted to re-fence it.. Just not yet...  But it totally layed the fences over..  The girls (cows) had to stay in the lot until we could get the fence back up..  But they were safe!!  (Look at those 2 pecan trees.... I have a picture of them below after the water recedes)


It's hard to believe that the stock tank is under all that trash....


This is one of the fence lines.. They all pretty much looked like this...
Saturday, Rick and I along with our son, Levi, worked all day, and then Sunday, Rick and I worked our butts off so we could get the girls out of the lot.  They are now in the upper pasture, the bottom one is way to boggy and we couldn't get in there to work..  Here is what the upper pasture looks like now...


This is the same fence line as shown above, but I'm looking down it, instead of up..  We didn't have to replace the fence, just put in more tee post..  We will replace it later on in the spring/summer... but for now it will keep the girls in...


Cross fence is up and the burn pile is the trash and debris we got out of it...  Rick also found a dead wild pig caught in the fence..  We also found a snake and a salamander.. 
We were just thankful no one was hurt in the flood and we are going to definitely enjoy the benefit we get out of it next summer....  

That's all I have to now!!
Have a great day!!
Hugs!!
Pin It!

18 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

oh my gosh Fern!!!! As awful as that event was, God was watchin yall!! Apparently you are having the same freakishly warm winter as we are here. We are supposed to have rain the next few days and there are lots of flood prone areas. Thank heavens I don't live in one but it has happened!

LOVEEEEE your layout and I am so happy to see you at Lasting Memoires!!! Take care my friend!!
Tina LMDT :)

Stacia Brandt said...

Oh my goodness! We just had terrible floods on the East Coast back in September and we lost a very close friend who drowned...On an up note! I love your layout!! Thanks for submitting to Lasting Memories and congrats on being chosen as a featured layout!!! It is definitely a worthy layout :)
Stacia - LMDT

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great layout and I love the cardboard and all the other elements. Love the Born to Be Wild and that you added the words. Perfect for the pictures. :) Sorry about the flooding bug glad your safe. Thanks for joining us at LM this week.

Haven_mom4 said...

Amazing photos of the farm flood. My friends place looked alot like that after the McKenzie flowed over it's banks. Love the born to be wild layout. Way to go with the corrigate card board

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. Many a time I have had to clean up after a flood. I even had a bridge wash out right behind me. loods are scary and tons of work! Glad all of you are OK.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your layout! It is just perfect! Congrats on being featured!

Elizabeth LMDT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

K Clark said...

thanks for sharing... wow... can't believe all the damage you recived. Love your LO!! great use of your trash!
kimberly - lmbc dt

Sleepy Stamper said...

Wow Fern you guys did a lot of work! So glad you, your family, and the girls are well. You always amaze me with your wonderful layouts, and this one is no exception! All the corrugated letters, and embellishments are so masculine and perfect! It's always a treat to see your creations over at the Papercraft Star!

Anitra

Stay True To God said...

Awesome layout Fern!! Congrats on being featured!! So sorry about the flood... but I'm really glad no one was hurt. Thank you so much for joining our NING site and posting a badge!! It's sooooo awesome to have you!!! I'm now one of your blog followers too!! :) God bless & big hugs... Tracy

Denise Pustelniak said...

I love seeing your creations. Great job as usual! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

Faye said...

This is an adorable project, love the recycling. Thanks so much for joining the fun at Cupcake. x

Shelly said...

Oh your layouts are fab... and a brilliant way to recycle forgotten or unwanted items! Wow you were under lots of water!!! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake, Shelly x

Julie said...

Awesome layout... Congrats on being featured!! So sorry about the flood... but I'm really glad no one was hurt. Thank you so much for joining in with us over at Lasting Memories.

♥Jan♥ said...

What a mess ! Poor you.
I am blown away by your layout, everything seems just like it grew there ! I have a little 4 year old grandson, and boy, this song is perfect. Including the rev and all the energy !! Always so nice to have you with us at Papercraft Star, Fern !

Michele said...

Fern... I always love seeing your work! They are just magnificent!! I have to say... your choice in song title and lyrics is great! Steppinwolf is a favorite in our house. So sorry about your floods. My gosh! Glad you are all very safe. That is the most important thing. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lasting Memories this week. You always share such wonderful layouts!!
Michele
LMDT

FerrellGraph-x said...

Fern you have totally rocked the Rustic theme this week at Papercraft Star! Burlap, crimped paper and corrugated board = Brilliant!!!
I hope ya'll don't ever have to deal with flooding again! UGH!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Fern, what a brilliant layout. The pic is so cute and I love all the recyled bits you've used. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge. Hugs, Denise x

I apologise for my late comment - why not check out our new challenge "red & pink" - http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Great LO. Love the colours of it, so perfect with the picture and the theme of it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Fussy and Fancy. Best wishes from Lisbeth K

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How exciting that u were chosen as the Super Nova Winner AND I can see why they chose you, this is an awesome layout.... I love your title.
So glad you were safe during all that storm.. GOD is always so faithful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...