Sunday, January 24, 2010

Levi and Little Tex (Colten) - November, 2009 "WINNER over at If The Shoe Fits ~ Scrap It"

Hello everyone!!!  We have had a beautiful weekend here in south/central Texas.  A little windy, but the sun is shining, the birds are singing and it's just an all around beautiful day ~ perfect for scrapbooking, but then any day is perfect for scrapbooking for me!  Here is a layout I did of my son and his son, my little grandson Colten.  He is wearing big sister's hat and just looks soooo cute.  This picture was taken back in November when Colten just turned 1 year old...  The sentiment on the hat reads "It's the little things the make life BIG"..  And I mean it literally in this layout!!  Our children and grand children are all we have to show for ourselves when we are gone..  And they mean the world to us!!   Okay on with the details ~ I also did this for a few challenges which are:
Stuck On U Sketches ~ Sketch
A Spoon Full of Sugar ~ Lots of Layers
Crafty Calendar ~ Keeping Warm (the colors)
Frosted Designs ~ Chipboard
Fussy & Fancy Friday ~ Winter (colors)
If the Shoe Fits ~ Scrap It ~ Inspiration from ad ~ used the arrow
PaperPlay ~ handwriting on the arrow
Pile It On ~ Warm Wishes (Colors)
HFOS ~ Swirls
Crafty Ann's Challenge ~ Embossing
Quixotic ~ Ink up old stamp ~ sentiment on hat is from old SU set.
Scrap & Stamp Saturdays ~ Use your stash  and use a stamp
YNS ~ Anything that sparkles
When I started this yesterday it was also to be for the Practical Scrappers Challenge which was embossing.  I didn't realize that it ended last night...  I would have gotten it done yesterday if I hadn't had to help build fence...  My son was helping DH, but had to leave around 5:00PM, so you guessed it, I was volunteered to finish it up...  Oh well, at least the weather was pretty...
Okay here's what I used:
SU Chocolate Chip ~ CS and Ink
SU Brocade Blue CS & Ink
My Mind's Eye - Breaking Free ~ Four Miles Stripe
My Mind's Eye - Breaking Free ~ Blue Texture
My Mind's Eye - Bella Bella ~ Dark Brown Polka Dots
My Mind's Eye - Wild Asparagus ~ Merry Christmas Dots
Paper Loft - Grandma's House ~ Herb Garden/Annies Apron Double sided PP
SU Kraft CS
We R Memory Keepers ~ Hardware on hat
SU Canvas Background Stamp ~ Hat band
SU Happy Harmony Stamp ~ sentiment
The Paper Studio ~ Burlap paper (lasso)
Thickers ~ Chipboard Letters ~ Jewelry Box Brown
VersaMark
Zing Embossing Powder
The Paper Studio - Stickabilities ~Dream Stickers
Silhouette
Prima ~ Petite Fleur Vine Wildroses - Cut the large ones off and left the buds on.
Thanks so much for dropping by!
Have a wonderful day and
please drop back by anytime!
Hugs  :o)
Pin It!

32 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous layout Fern, it comp[lements the lovely photo to perfection. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Crystal said...

Oh my gosh girl this is soooo sweet, what an amazing page you did with this wonderful image!!! BEAUTIFUL work sweetie!

Andrea M said...

Holy cow girl! Talk about piling on the challenges! Your layout is gorgeous! It is drop-dead stunning!!! Wowzas!!! Fantastic! Hang on... lemme pick my chin off the floor before I continue :) Absolutely fabulous job and thanks for playing along with us over at pile it on!

Anonymous said...

Wow Fern, this is outstanding! LOVE all the details sooo much and really, what could be better then that photo! gosh, its just great! I love the colors and how much certain things pop from the page...the title, the hat and the green of the flowers! sooo great!

Unknown said...

Fern, this layout is stunning! I am so glad to have recently discovered your blog! I love everything you create! You really worked this layout and I adore it! Thanks for playing this week at Frosted Designs and for being inspired at Practical Scrappers (sorry this missed the time line).
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Tammy E. said...

This is so darn cute! I love the colors, the textures -- everything!

Audrey said...

How adorable! I love the layout and that cowboy hat is great! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Unknown said...

this is amazing! i love it! the cowboy hat is just darling! thanks for joining us at the Shoe this week!
Tracey

Barb Craft said...

Fern - this is so adorable! You have such a talent for framing your pictures with all the right embellishments!
Barb

Liz said...

Looks beautiful Thanks for joining paperplay

Liz x

Nanne said...

OMGosh...<--"Those were my exact words when I opened the link to this magnificent layout of yours..Wow woman.. hang on, I have to put my eyes back into my head, they seemed to have popped out...LOL :O)
What isn't there to love, I love it all..The ribbon is a favorite though.
hugs
Nanné

Jennifer Stricker said...

Wonderful page, look at all those challenges! Thanks for playing with Pile It On! this week. Hope you join us again.

Jennifer PIO DT

Deirdre said...

WOW... love it. Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week.

Beryl said...

Such a fab layout - tank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

savvy teaching tips said...

Whoo - great page. I love it. If you are interested in challenges, please come out our new challenge blog www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com

Pat said...

This is gorgeous & I love your blog!

Jennifer said...

....... GASP..........What an amazing layout! Thanks you for playing at Fussy and Fancy.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fern, what a fabulous and totally scrapliftable layout! You really brought on the western charm here with your color scheme and embellies. Fantastic photo. Toally agree with all these other posters ... this one is over the top! Hugs to you!

Unknown said...

LOVE the edges and flower vine!!! Awesome LO!!!

Sandy said...

Fern, Fern, Fern...wowzers woman..this is BEEEUTIMUS...I love what you have done here...just a perfect western layout...what fab embellies you used...great job with the sketch...so happy to have you long for the ride...you rock!

BethieJ said...

Your LO is BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a sweet photo of your son and grandson too!! Great job!
Thanks for joining us at PIO!

Chrissy D said...

AWESOME Page layout- and design! Perfect for those cute cowboys!

MarkerGeek said...

Stunning layout!!

Thanks for joining in with us at Quixotic Challenges!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Oh WOW! You've knocked me out with this page. It is brilliant! Beautiful attention to the little details. I love it!
Thank you for taking the time to join us at Frosted Designs.
Sharon xx

lesleyworth said...

Fantastic LO! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Michele said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, the boy is adorable!

starcyl said...

Wow a lovely layout, thanks for sharing it with Crafty Ann's.
Jenny

Stampin'Piper said...

WOW, I'm totally in love! It looks fabulous!

What a list of combined challenges!

Thanks for joining us at PIO!

Hugs Tanja
(PIO DT)

Unknown said...

Wow, love it!!! Thanks so much for playing along with both PIO and HFOS.
Trish

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fern, I saw that this one won over at Frosted Designs too! You'll on a roll!

Audrey Frelx said...

There's just nothing I see here at your place that I coudn't comment on and I won't bog you down with commenting on EVERYTHING! You just do great work! TFS! And,...

I'll be seeing you! (I promise!)

Carrie said...

Your pages make me wanna grab my scrapbook stuff out and dust it off. They are so amazing. Great job Fern! Your daughter and her family are going to treasure these forever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...