Friday, June 3, 2011

Practical Scrappers Kraft Cardstock Challenge

Hi everyone, I want to show you what I did with the self portrait I took for the SPC No. 2  (Self Portrait Challenge No. 2. ~ See the post directly under this one!!)  I decided it would be perfect for the Kraft Cardstock Challenge (June 9th) over at Practical Scrappers..  So here is what I came up with..

I found some great papers that had print on 'em and knew they would be perfect with this photo and challenge!!
 
Here are a few close ups...


Here you can see the SU Kraft CS which I ran through my crimper and distressed with Tim Holtz Distressing Ink..  Part of the MME Lost & Found Collection, some Mulberry Street Petaloo Flowers and a couple of Prima Flowers over a Prima Vine, and a metal Butterfly from Hobby Lobby, which I added crystals to it to bling it up a little...


Here you can see one of my ribbon treatment with a Spare Part Ribbon Brad which I added the Crystals over it, and some of the Martha Stewart Daisy Fan punched edge..

Here are a few challenges this will qualify for...
SPC No. 2 ~ Self Portrait with newspaper
Practical Scrappers ~ Kraft Cardstock Project
A Spoon Full of Sugar ~ Flower Power
Charisma Cardz ~ Something that Flies
ABC Challenge ~ V for Variety (3 different embellishment)
Top Tip Tuesday ~ Use Ribbon


Here is my scrappy list of things I used on this layout...
My Mind's Eye ~ Lost & Found  - Union Square "Home Sweet Home" Collage Paper
My Mind's Eye ~ Lost & Found - Market Street "Love" Beautiful Paper
GCD Studio ~ Soul Food Collection - Brave Soul
The Paper Loft - Now & Then Old Timer Journaling Card
SU Kraft CS
Crimper
Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distressing Ink
Petaloo ~ Mulberry Street Wild Roses - Dark Brown
Prima Scrapbook Jewelry  - Coconut (flowers)
Prima Flutter Vine
Spare Parts  Ribbon Brads
Crystals
Metal Butterfly (Hobby Lobby Jewelry Dept.)
Ribbon

I had a lot of fun with this layout using my own photo... which I don't do that often...  We would love for you to submit your Kraft Cardstock project over at Practical Scrappers, and who knows, you may be one of the ones we feature!!!  Remember, you have until June 9th to get it in!!

And also while your there, be sure and check out the other challenge calls on the sidebar..  We have something going on almost everyday!!!

Oh, I almost forgot...Don't miss the "HUGE" Summer Kick-Off Blog Hop starting Sunday the 5th..  It starts over at Practical Scrappers and you can get all the details while your there...  but let me tell you, you won't want to miss this one because there's going to be some great prizes...  You can see the blog list on my sidebar of all of the blogs participating..  

Thanks so much for dropping by!!
Have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs!!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Steffie said...

A wonderful Layout!
Hugs!
Steffie

Caroljenks said...

Fantastic piece - great photo too :)

Thanks for joining in with us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our 'Ribbon' Challenge :)

Good luck,
Carol x

Unknown said...

Wow you are very creative!!!!! Love this!!!!!

Clare Brown said...

wow this is just stunning, love all the little details you have added.Goodluck at Charisma this week.

clare x

carol said...

lovely creation, thanks for joining us this week at craftycatz, x carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...