Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lights, Camera, Action ~ Sketches In Thyme Challenge ~ WOW I'm the top winner over at Ooh-la-la Challenges!!!!

Hi everyone!!  It's time for another sketch challenge over at Sketches In Thyme.  And there is something very special about this weeks sketch..  Did I hear you ask why??  Well,  because it's designed by our very own Maven, Diana!!  Wow, and isn't it a beauty?!  You go girl!! 


I had so much fun working with this layout, and so will you... 
Here's what I came up with...  I am lovin' the grunge/distressed look of this layout of little GS Colten.  The photos were taken a couple of weeks ago.  His daddy just bought him that coonskin cap and he thought he was Mr. Hollywood..  I couldn't get him to stand still long enough for me to get any pictures..  These are about the only ones I got...  But they turned out precious!!

Here are a few close ups

I cut the star out of The Paper Loft paper and stamped it with the SU Flannel Plaid BG Stamp and then sponged the edges with black ink.  I don't know if you can tell but it's popped up on pop dots..  I layered the Bo Bunny Chunky Charm, SU Always Artichoke CS and then the cute photo of Colten. You can also see the film strip and the Bazzill cardstock strip, along with some of my distressing.

Here you can see those wonderful Creative Charms ~ Vintage Accents, Metal Frames which I added SU Always Artichoke CS which I stamped with the Itty Bitty Background Stamp in SU Always Artichoke Ink.  I cut the camera out of Bo Bunny and you can also see one of the Sticker Flourishes from EK Success, and of course some more distressing.

Here are the other EK Success Flourishes and you can see where I stamped the smaller circle with the SU Flannel Plaid Background Stamp in Black. 
And here is my journaling.. And more or the film strip and Bazzill cardstock strip.
This layout also qualifies for a few other challenges out there, which are:
Sketches In Thyme ~ Sketch by Diana
Ooh~la~la ~ Nothing Floral
Pollycraft Mondy Challenge ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Emma's Store Challenge ~ Get Ahead, Get a Hat
For Fun Challenges ~ Use something you have never used before ~ I've got a couple of these film strips and didn't have a clue on where or how to use them. But, I think this one looks good on this lo.
Scrap and Stamp Saturday ~ Anything Goes
If the Shoe Fits Scrap It ~ Don't Stress ~ Distress

Here is my scrappy list of things I used:
SU Basic Black CS
The Paper Loft ~ Now & Then Collection ~ I absolutely love this paper
         Onyx
           I Know
          Alloy
SU Flannel Plaid Background Stamp
Memento ~ Tuxedo Black Ink
SU Always Artichoke CS
SU Always Artichoke Ink
EK Success ~ Flourish Stickers
EK Success ~ Alphabet Stickers
Bo Bunny's Chunky Charms ~ Swirls & Brackets
Bazzill ~ Just the Edge Cardstock Strips
Creative Charms Vintage Accents ~ Metal Frames
SU Itty Bitty Background Stamp
Film Strip
Thanks so much for dropping by and you won't want to miss the other beautiful designs from the other Mavens!!  We hope you take the time to play along with us again tshis week.  We love looking at all of your amazing layouts!!  And if you do, remember to upload it so we can all see it...  Also, remember we have 2 wonderful prize for this month...
A $15.00 Gift Certificate and
A $10.00 Gift Certificate
both from Michelle's Scrapbooking & More!!  Wow, I wish I could play!!


and remember, the more weeks you play the more chances you have of winning!!
Good luck and take care!!
 Hugs to all!!!
Pin It!

24 comments:

Stine Ursin said...

WOW Fern!! this is just gorgeous. Love the colors and what you have done with the sketch. Sketch is also wonderful BTW

Carol said...

A fabulous page and quite a 'little man'. There is certainly nothing remotely floral.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La for this challenge.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Gorgeous Fern! I love the muted colors & the film strip accent.... I need to take scrapping lessons from you... so talented

all the days of our life said...

WOW!!! Fern this looks aged, What a great look. I love all the distressing you did, and those pictures mr. Daniel Boone are just too cute.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

WOW, as I have said before, your talent amazes me. You have to be my favorite scrapper, your pages are just so amazing.
Hugs
Tanya

CraftinGranny said...

Awesome layout!!! Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week. Hope to see you back next week. "Hugs" Carol

Wendi said...

Wow Fern what a fabulous layout and that photo is so adorable I love that hat Gorgeous
Thank you so much for sharing this with us at ooh la la
Wendi

Wendi said...

Wow Fern what a fabulous layout and that photo is so adorable I love that hat Gorgeous
Thank you so much for sharing this with us at ooh la la
Wendi

Lisa said...

Love your page! I think the photos are as sweet as can be. Thanks so much for playing along with us at FFC!

Dawnll said...

Fern your page is fabulous! Love all the details you add that make all your layouts so wonderful. Those pictures are just to darn cute.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Fern this is superb and a huge thanks for the detail shots! Beth

Pat said...

Fern this is just way too cute!!! Love everything about it.

Julie said...

Fabulous layouts and what a cutie in his hat!! Thanks for joining us at CES this week. Juliexx

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This is so cute!!!!! Love those pictures and your page/colors/details are just fabulous. Happy Thursday!

Maureen Reiss said...

Gorgeous LO Fern!!! Love the colors and those pics are super cute

Angi Barrs said...

Love those vintage accents. Beautiful layout:)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, Fern! This is such a darling layout! You can really tell from the pix that he thought he was hot stuff! Love all the added details on the page like the filmstrip, the vintage pebbles and the fussy cut star. Awesome blog look for October! Okay, back to bed for me .. got a little flu bug going on.

crafty amy said...

You can tell that you loved making this as it is brilliant I love those brads :D
Thank you for joining us at CES and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

{ Scrappiness } said...

Hi Fern!! Everything is so beautiful around here!!
Thank you for the compliment, sometimes I think I'm too "minimalistic" for doing scrap, hahahahaha!!!
Lots of kisses for you!!

Joey said...

Just Amazing Fern gorgeous detail, thanks for sharing with us at pollycraft Joey.x

CraftyC said...

Wow Fern, this is gorgeous. I love the photo's. A great memento. Thanks for taking part in the CES Challenge!
Clairexx

flowerdisco said...

handsome mr colten, ;)

the lo is awesome and i love how you utilize the colors. it almost look like you painted his clothes. great film strip. i have been tempted by the sizzix tim holtz die cut one.

Unknown said...

wow, this is beautiful! i just love all the distressing you have done here, looks fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP IT!!!

Nanne said...

Oh wow!! I don't think I would of ever chosen those colors, but WOWZAH'S this is absolutely wonderful.. I love the distressing and I think you should do a tute for all of us on how you do that...LOL oh! and before I forget, those photos are adorable with him and his little fur hat.. how cute!!
hugs
Nanné

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...